Today, we’re proud to share that Suzie Nolan, Head of Property at Aviva Ireland and Danny Harmer, our Chief People Officer, are once again on this year’s HERoes Role Model Lists.
As with last year, Suzie has been named a Future Leader, while Danny appears on the Women Executives list for the fifth year in a row.
Suzie is the Co-chair of Aviva Ireland's (Gender) Balance network and she is also on the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee. Suzie takes a broad approach to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), supporting initiatives such as ‘Free to Be Me’ Children’s Libraries.
She regularly speaks at industry events promoting gender balance and using her role as property fund manager to provide rent-free or reduced rent access to commercial properties for the benefit of the minority groups in Ireland, including registered charities such as ‘Dublin Pride’ and Neurodiversity Ireland.
Suzie is an active participant in Aviva’s ‘Women Tackle Finance’ campaign through which female experts share their financial and investment knowledge in a way that is more relatable for women. Suzie is a Council member of the 30% Club and recently took on the role of Chair of the Financial Services Committee, working with senior leaders across Ireland to collectively drive change to accelerate gender equality.
Suzie Nolan, Head of Property, Aviva Ireland: “It’s a privilege to use my position to remove barriers at work and in my community – I work with some amazing people in property fund management and across the DEI networks and together we can do a lot to make our industry more equitable for everyone.”
Danny is the Co-Executive Sponsor of our Pride Community, co-chair of the One Aviva Inclusion Council and Co-Executive Sponsor of our Domestic Abuse Working Group, which introduced training in 2020 to support customers and colleagues.
Danny also mentors several women, and writes articles and speaks at events on issues such as allyship, menopause, and caring.
Danny Harmer, Chief People Officer, Aviva plc: “Suzie is an inspiration and is having a fantastic impact on inclusion across the many businesses and communities she touches. I feel so proud to see her recognised as a HERoes Future Leader once again and to be able to stand alongside her and so many other brilliant women and advocates.”
HERoes Women Role Model Lists
The global HERoes Women Role Model Lists showcase leaders across multiple sectors and industries who champion women in business and drive change for gender diversity in the workplace across the world.
Those on the HERoes Role Model Lists have not only achieved success in their own careers but actively drive for more inclusive workplaces.
We believe everyone at Aviva should be themselves. Read more about our approach to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in India, China and Singapore.
- We help our 18.7 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for more than 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2022, we paid £23.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- In 2021, we announced our ambition to become Net Zero by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. We are aiming to have a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. While we are working towards our sustainability ambitions, we acknowledge that we have relationships with businesses and existing assets that may be associated with significant emissions. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition and action at www.aviva.com/sustainability
- Aviva is a Living Wage, Living Pension and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 30 June 2023, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £358 billion and our estimated Solvency II shareholder capital surplus as at 30 September 2023 was £7.6 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva