Our customers don’t have to worry about the bumps in life’s road. They can count on us to help plan the journey and, if something goes wrong, we will be with them to put it right.
We help people from Norwich to Naples save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters to them.
Our 33 million customers are making choices about the most precious aspects of their life; how to look after their homes, their health, their family, their business, how to save and invest their money and how they will pay for the life they want as they get older.
Lisa's story - helping customers
Lisa from our claims team in York takes calls from people who need to make critical illness or death claims.
In this video you can hear from Lisa, and see how she and her colleagues help our customers:
Our customer stories
Hailstones the size of ping pong balls
In June 2019, a violent hailstorm unleashed itself on the southeast of France. Hailstones the size of ping pong balls and high-speed winds wrecked buildings and crops and put livestock at risk.
Residents hadn’t seen anything like it
TV coverage brought home the enormity of October’s flooding on the Isle of Man. Major and complex claims consultant Phil Sheridan knew customers lives were being turned upside down and rapid action was crucial.
Simply thank you for my son’s birthday gifts
Mr W called us late on a Monday night. He'd been off work for over four months with Multiple Sclerosis. His critical illness payment had been delayed and his son’s birthday was coming up. Mr W just wanted to know when we were going to pay him the money.
£15 million fire at Battersea Arts Centre
When fire destroyed the Battersea Arts Centre (BAC), the roof and ornate 1893 Grand Hall fared the worst.
In 2018 we paid our customers £33 billion in claims and benefits
We pay 98% of our claims across the Aviva group (2018 data), read our infographic for a summary of our story.
Here Maurice talks about why getting the claims experience right is so important and what we are doing to improve it for our customers:
Our five divisions
- Savings, Investments and Retirement takes on one of the biggest challenges facing our communities: helping people save enough income for retirement.
- UK Life offers annuities and equity release. It provides protection and health products for both individual customers and for businesses that want to support the physical, mental and financial health of their employees.
- General Insurance helps individuals and businesses protect their property and possessions.
- Europe Life offers customers in France, Italy, Poland, Ireland and Turkey savings and investments products to help them make the most of their money and plan for the future.
- Asia Life helps customers in Singapore and China meet their savings and insurance needs.