Join us, and you can expect to see your leaders and colleagues living our values. Everyone here does. It helps make sure new employees are instantly valued and able to contribute.
Meet our people from around the world
Around 30,000 people work for Aviva in the UK, across Europe, Asia and North America. We spoke to just a few of them and asked what’s the best thing about working for Aviva, what makes our people proud to work here, and how are we making tomorrow stronger?
If we all take pride in Aviva's values, we'll all be working together towards the same goals - collaboration makes for a much stronger team. Each year we carry out an all-employee global survey. We ask our people to tell us where we're strong and where we need to improve.
The change in culture has been profound. It’s exciting to watch how not only do we look after our customers, but we look after the individuals that work here too.
- Neil Dodd, UK Aviva Employee
Our people strategy
We recognise the talent our people have. Our people strategy sets out how we’ll accelerate our performance from the inside out.
- Focus on our customers by connecting what we do everyday with our purpose.
- Give our people the freedom to act in line with our values.
- Develop leaders who dream big - think customer first, build amazing teams and empower their people.
- Create an inclusive and diverse environment so that everyone can be themselves.
- Create competitive advantage by investing in the skills, mindsets and future talent we need - to win in a digital age.
Equal paid parental leave for Aviva employees
We give our people in the UK, Ireland, France, Singapore and Canada equal paid parental leave. Whatever your gender, sexual orientation or how you become a parent – birth, adoption or surrogacy – you’re entitled to the same amount of paid and unpaid time off. We’re working to extend this benefit to all our people globally within the next year.
Watch our video to see how some of our people feel about not having to choose between caring and career: