2016 full year results
- Operating profit1,2 up 12% to £3 billion
- 2016 total dividend up 12% to 23.3p
- Solvency II coverage ratio3,4 of 189%
- Life insurance value of new business up 13% to £1.4 billion
- General insurance net written premiums2 up 15% at £8.2 billion
- Fund management operating profit up 30% to £138 million
- Total group managed assets up at £450bn
“Aviva's results are simple and clear cut: more operating profit, more capital, more cash, more dividend. And there is more to come. Aviva's financial position has been transformed and a distinctly stronger balance sheet and excess capital give Aviva more options. We are now actively planning a capital return to our shareholders and debt reduction in 2017 and will invest further to grow our businesses.”
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer
- Life insurance
- General insurance
- Accident & Health
- Asset management
Our size and scale:
- £34.4bn Claims and benefits paid to our customers
- £450bn Assets under management
- 320 years Protecting our customers
- 33m Number of customers
True customer composite
We are a true customer composite, offering our customers life, general, accident and health insurance and asset management. We are the only composite of scale in the UK.
We put digital first - this is how we capitalise on being a true customer composite. We have to think Digital First across all our distribution channels - it's how customers want to do business with us.
We focus our resources where we can be most competitive. We are not everywhere, but will focus on a select number of markets where we have scale and profitability or a distinct competitive advantage where we can win.