2017 Half Year Result
- Operating profit1 up 11% to £1.47 billion
- Operating EPS1, 2 up 15% to 25.8p
- 2017 interim dividend up 13% to 8.4p
- Solvency II capital surplus3,4 £11.4bn and coverage ratio3 of 193%
- Value of new business up 27%5,6 to £596 million
- General insurance net written premiums up 11%5 to £4.7 billion
- Aviva Investors fund management operating profit up 45% to £71 million
“Aviva is delivering. For the fourth year in a row we have grown operating profit, up 11%, reflecting positive performances across Aviva’s businesses world-wide. The benefits of our geographic and product diversity are clear. We are getting the basics right. Serving customers well, keeping a tight control on costs and investing in our businesses.”
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer
- Life insurance
- General insurance
- Accident & Health
- Asset management
Our size and scale:
- £34.4bn Claims and benefits paid to our customers
- £450bn Assets under management
- 320 years Protecting our customers
- 33m Number of customers
True customer composite
We are a true customer composite, offering our customers life, general, accident and health insurance and asset management. We are the only composite of scale in the UK.
We put digital first - this is how we capitalise on being a true customer composite. We have to think Digital First across all our distribution channels - it's how customers want to do business with us.
We focus our resources where we can be most competitive. We are not everywhere, but will focus on a select number of markets where we have scale and profitability or a distinct competitive advantage where we can win.