• Major awareness campaign promotes safer driving • Insurer urges motorists to test their own driving skills using free Aviva Drive app • Safer drivers save on average £150 off their Aviva car insurance
- Major awareness campaign promotes safer driving
- Insurer urges motorists to test their own driving skills using free Aviva Drive app
- Safer drivers save on average £150 off their Aviva car insurance
Aviva is striving to make Britain’s roads safer through a high-profile awareness campaign.
The campaign launches on 21 December and encourages motorists to test their road skills with an app which rates how safely they drive, based on acceleration, braking and cornering over 200 miles. The campaign is the first initiative launched as part of Aviva’s new global brand strategy, Good Thinking*.
Using smartphone technology that records the motorist’s driving style, users of the Aviva Drive app will be given an individual score out of 10. Drivers may then be able to use their score to achieve discounts on their Aviva car insurance.
Aviva data shows that safer drivers who score 7.1 and above can now save an average of £150 on their car insurance - a discount achievable by 44% of them**.
A TV advert will spearhead the campaign, showing a real UK family taking on a challenge using the app, to see who is the safest driver among them. The advert can be seen on mainstream TV from 25 December 2015 and will be trailed on social media from 21 December.
As well as the app, people will be encouraged to think about their own personal driving behaviours with a series of interactive tools which will be available online during the campaign.
To generate debate about road safety, people will also be asked to rate who they believe are the safest drivers among specific groups such as men and women or people aged under and over 60. Votes will be cast via social media and at a special voting point at Waterloo station, London.
The campaign will also include outdoor advertising, social media and radio and TV promotions.
Lindsay Forster, UK & Ireland Customer Marketing Director for Aviva says: “This is the first initiative to be launched under Aviva’s new global brand strategy, Good Thinking. We’re looking right across the broad range of our products and services - from motor insurance, to savings and investments - to consider how we engage with our customers, and what we can do to improve things for them.
“Safe driving really epitomises what we are trying to achieve here. By encouraging people to stop and think about their driving habits, it’s our ambition to make UK roads safer for everyone.
“The app is a fantastic way for people to test how safely they drive and we’d encourage as many people as possible to take the challenge. We also believe it’s good thinking to reward safer drivers with lower premiums, so as well as encouraging drivers to make our roads safer, motorists could see the benefits in their bank balances too.”
To find out more about the Aviva Drive app visit www.aviva.co.uk/drive
- Ends -
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact: Sarah Poulter, Aviva Press Office : 01904 452828 : 07800 691569 : firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
*‘Good Thinking’ is Aviva’s global brand strategy which is designed to reflect Aviva’s focus on creating simple, innovative solutions to make life easier for its customers.
** Discount on first car per direct comprehensive policy. Depends on score and premium – minimum premium £200. 44% scoring 7.1+ could save an average of £150 (based on policies bought 1/10/14 to 30/9/15). Excludes optional extras. Compatible handset required. Data charges may apply.
• Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
• In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
• Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
• Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
• By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
• The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
• For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
• For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
• Follow us on twitter : www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping customers.