Aviva has launched its low cost ‘Health Essentials’ insurance to its corporate clients, enabling employers to offer simple top-up cancer and physiotherapy cover to their employees.
Company Health Essentials offers health insurance targeting specific conditions, and is intended to complement care customers receive through NHS health services.
The range sits alongside Aviva’s Private Medical Insurance, and aims to provide cover for all budgets and across all life stages. Launched to direct customers in early 2016, the products that are now also available to corporate clients are:
Company Cancer Essentials:
- Up to £100,000 towards the cost of non-NHS funded cancer drugs, if recommended by the customer’s NHS specialist.
- A £5,000 cash sum payable on the diagnosis of cancer, to help with immediate everyday costs.
- 24/7 access to a GP Helpline.
- Access to phone based cancer support and advice from personal nurse advisers.
Company Physio Essentials:
- Up to 5 phone consultations a year with qualified physiotherapists, providing:
- Phone access to qualified physiotherapists to monitor progress.
- Personalised online programme and phone app.
- Physiotherapy treatment with local physiotherapists if required.
- 24/7 access to a GP helpline.
- If the clinician believes the employee's condition can't be managed by physiotherapy, they will provide the employee with details of their assessment to take to their GP, who may then arrange for them to see a specialist.
Company Essentials can be selected by companies as fully funded company paid cover for all staff or groups of staff; or as part of a flexible benefit offer, either funded by the company or the employees themselves. This gives companies the flexibility to tailor the benefit in line with their current employee offerings.
Dr Doug Wright, Medical Director at Aviva UK Health said:
“We know that individuals worry about how they would cope in the future if their health suffered. Our innovative range of top-up health insurance products are designed to target customers’ specific health needs, at an affordable price.
“We hope that by offering the Health Essentials range to our large corporate clients, they can in turn offer additional peace of mind to their employees”
- Ends –
Jess Geoghegan Jess.email@example.com +44 (0)7800 695673
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £340 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £450 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.