Aviva announces that it has secured an exclusive new five-year distribution agreement with Countrywide plc to provide its mortgage and rental customers with protection insurance.
Five-year exclusive partnership agreement to provide market-leading protection insurance to the UK’s largest mortgage broker
The new deal, which replaces a former distribution agreement with Friends Life1 that began in 2002, is testament to the success of that partnership and to the confidence in Aviva’s market-leading protection proposition following the insurer’s acquisition of the Friends Life business.
Through Countrywide’s extensive network of more than 900 branches, which arranged more than 90,000 mortgages last year, customers will be able to access Aviva’s market-leading life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection cover simply and conveniently.
The deal will see new protection business underwritten through Aviva’s ALPS platform, (Aviva Life Protection Solutions), providing home-buying and rental customers with a simpler customer journey, faster underwriting decisions and secure digital storage of important policy documents.
Daren Boys, Strategic Partnerships Portfolio Director at Aviva, said: “This is a significant distribution agreement with our long-standing partner Countrywide, which will see customers benefitting from Aviva’s strong digital capabilities.
“Customers’ protection needs rightly come into sharp focus during the house buying or property rental process and our market-leading digital ALPS protection proposition will help protect more lives, more easily through an enhanced customer experience.”
Aviva Press Office: Melissa Loughran on 07800 691947 or Melissa.email@example.com
Notes to editors:
1. The former distribution agreement was with Friends Life and Pensions Limited which was acquired by Aviva in April 2015.
Countrywide is the UK’s largest estate agency group and helped more people to buy a home in the UK than any other agent in the UK last year. Countrywide is also the UK’s largest single mortrgage broker and helped arrange over £15.7bn worth of mortgages in 2016 alone.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £319 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Aviva has a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.