With almost half of Brits more interested in preventing ill health risks since COVID-19, the complimentary app offers a wealth of wellbeing services to help customers live a healthier life.
Aviva customers buying life insurance, Over 50s plans or critical illness cover on Aviva.co.uk and the MyAviva app will now benefit from a complimentary health and wellbeing smartphone app designed to help them prevent, detect and manage common health and wellbeing problems.
Helping customers and eligible family members access healthcare early, the Aviva DigiCare+ app provides easy access to the clinical expertise of experienced practitioners - including mental health counsellors, psychotherapists, nutritionists and nurses, as well as an expert UK-based second medical opinion.
With almost half (48%) of UK adults saying they would be more likely now to take up a health check opportunity than they would have done before the pandemic,1 Aviva has included an annual clinical health check within the app to help customers understand their health status and help detect any early signs of common health problems.
Following registration on the smartphone app, customers will be encouraged to take advantage of the clinical health check where a simple at-home blood test checks 20 different health markers, including diabetes, cholersterol status and liver health. The customer receives a personalised report and is invited to book a follow-up digital GP consultation to discuss their results.
The clinical services within the app are also fully interconnected, allowing specialists to signpost customers to other medical expertise, with consultation notes and personal medical details safely stored but easily accessible by customers within the app.
Key benefits at a glance:
Aviva DigiCare+ benefits2
- Annual health check (inc: follow up digital GP appointment)
- Mental health consultations
- Nutrition consultations
- Gym and home fitness discounts
- Second Medical Opinion
- Bupa Anytime Healthline
- Bereavement services
“Helping customers to look after their physical and mental wellbeing is as important to us as looking after their financial wellbeing, so we’re delighted to launch this broad range of fully connected health benefits that customers can use from day one to help them prevent, detect and manage ill health.
"Aviva DigiCare+ has been developed after extensive consultation with customers."
“Aviva DigiCare+ has been developed after extensive consultation with customers and we have focused on benefits that will help encourage customers to prevent and detect illness. The annual health check and follow-up digital GP consultation is a significant benefit to help identify health risks, which customers can then take action on by seeking help through a range of clinical experts in the app.
“At Aviva we want to go beyond insurance for our customers. While helping customers financially when they become ill is vital, so too is helping them maintain good health and wellbeing to help prevent illness. Never has that been more important.”
"At Aviva we want to go beyond insurance for our customers."
The Aviva DigiCare+ health and wellbeing app has been designed with digital healthcare provider Square Health. The launch of the app to customers buying individual protection products direct from Aviva follows the successful launch of the app to intermediated customers.
The Aviva DigiCare+ app and its services are non-contractual benefits, which Aviva can withdraw at any time.
1. For our Changing Health Landscape report, Aviva commissioned a Censuswide poll of 2,015 nationally representative respondents between 26.08.20 – 01.09.20 to examine how the pandemic has changed the way people feel about their physical and mental health and to explore how they want to access preventative support.
2. Full benefit details:
Annual Health: Check An at-home pin-prick blood test for 20 different health markers for risk of common health problems (e.g. diabetes, cholesterol, liver health), and a follow up GP video consultation to discuss a personanlised health report.
Nutrition consultations: Get practical advice from nutritionists with access to six consultations each year. These can help you make better choices, with personalised eating plans and tips on how to break less healthy habits.
Mental health consultations: Talk to a therapist one-to-one if you’re struggling with issues like anxiety and depression. You can have up to six sessions a year, to get guidance and support that's right for you .
Second Medical Opinion: If you have a medical diagnosis and want to ask more questions, have extra reassurance, or explore the possibility of alternative treatment options, a second opinion from a UK-based clinical specialist is on hand. Two opinions are available per year.
Bupa Anytime Healthline: Get expert health advice from nurses for everyday issues, from rashes to muscle pain, with unlimited phone calls 24/7, 365 days a year.
Gym and home fitness discounts: Discounts are available with health clubs such as Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Centres, LivingWell, Curves, Spirit and Fitness Express, as well as a number of independent centres. Savings are also available on several home fitness and wellbeing classes.
Bereavement support: Following the loss of a loved one, help on hand through bereavement counselling and guidance on practical issues like estate administration.
About Aviva added-value benefits:
- The Aviva DigiCare+ app and its services are non-contractual benefits, which Aviva can withdraw at any time.
- Services for Aviva DigiCare+ for individual protection customers are provided by Square Health and other third parties.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group as at 31 December 2020 are £535 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12.5 billion as at 31 March 2021. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva