Aviva launches the Smooth Managed Fund available through the Pension Portfolio on the Aviva adviser platform.
The new fund launch follows an increase in demand for investment funds that offer some protection against market volatility.
The Smooth Managed Fund is designed to deliver growth over the medium to long term, employing a ‘smoothing’ process to shelter clients from some of the impact of adverse market movements. The fund invests in a broad range of global assets which can change over time, aiming to keep the investment risk in line with a moderately cautious risk profile.
The new fund is suitable for advisers who have clients moving into Income Drawdown where smoothing can help manage the risks associated with taking an income in a volatile market. Clients approaching retirement may also prefer to see a smoother return in the final few years leading up to their retirement date.
Tim Orton, CEO Aviva Adviser Platform, says; “In our last Adviser Barometer research, economic uncertainty post-Brexit was one of the biggest concerns for advisers with 78% saying they were most worried about market volatility as the UK goes through the process of leaving the European Union - twice as many as 12 months ago. At the same time, interest rates available on cash deposits remain at historically low levels.
"We’re launching the Smooth Managed Fund today in response to adviser and customer demands for investments that have scope to deliver better than cash returns but with fewer of the ups and downs that are usually associated with more traditional investments.
"The Smooth Managed Fund has a moderately cautious risk profile but uses an innovative smoothing technique to reduce the day-to-day changes in price in order to provide more stable returns over the medium to long term. Pensions Freedoms continues to see people taking more control over their later life finances and this fund is targeted at clients who want to remain invested leading up to and in retirement but see a steadier return on their investment. ”
The Smooth managed Fund can go down as well as up in value and returns are not guaranteed.
Availability: An insured fund available in the core funds range through Pension Portfolio on the Aviva Adviser Platform. The fund is not available to invest in directly without an adviser.
Price: A fund management charge of 0.65% p.a.
Investments: Invests in a wide range of global assets including UK and International Equities, bonds, target return funds, property, emerging market debt and cash.
Smooth Growth Rate: The smoothed price of the Fund will usually increase daily in line with a Smooth Growth Rate which is equal to the Bank of England Base Rate plus 5% per year (capped at 10% and subject to a minimum of 5% per year).
Fund Price Adjustments: The smoothed price of the Fund is compared to the unsmoothed price on a daily basis. If the difference between the two prices is 6.5% or more, the smoothed price is adjusted so that the difference is reduced to 1.5%.
Research carried out in November 2016 with a total of 631 advisers and paraplanners.
Catherine Comben +44 (0)1904 453394 : +44 (0)7800 692087
Notes to editors:
• Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
• In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
• Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £340 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £450 billion.
• Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
• By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
• The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
• For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
• Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
• Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
• For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
• We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
Poor health prompts retirement
19 Sep 2018
Aviva completes share buyback programme
18 Sep 2018
Uni is great for independence, but it's a parents' lot to worry
12 Sep 2018
Digital life insurer set to disrupt Hong Kong insurance
12 Sep 2018
Aviva offers 'first day of school' leave for working parents
5 Sep 2018
Lifting the lid on the UK's 'healthy' school lunchboxes
29 Aug 2018
New research reveals broker industry is set for a year of growth
21 Aug 2018
Alexa, ask Aviva what's the value of my pension
21 Aug 2018
UK over-50s need more workplace support
13 Aug 2018
2018 interim results announcement
2 Aug 2018
Launch of goodwill payment scheme
31 Jul 2018
Sun, sea... and the threat of a holiday nightmare
20 Jul 2018
Cranfield FTSE report highlights female under-representation in executive ranks
16 Jul 2018
Cover with confidence: rules of thumb for a successful claim
13 Jul 2018
Challenging a misconception that insurers don't pay out
13 Jul 2018
Nishit Majmudar named “CEO of the Year” at Insurance Asia awards
13 Jul 2018