Aviva plc announces the results of its General Meeting held today.
All resolutions were voted on by way of a poll and were passed.
The total number of votes received on each resolution is as follows:
Voting results of 2023 General Meeting
|Resolution ||For||% of votes cast ||Against ||% of votes cast ||Votes cast as % of Issued Share Capital ||Withheld |
1. THAT the share premium account of the Company be reduced by £1,253,374,072.*
2. THAT the capital redemption reserve of the Company be reduced by £3,855,245,941.*
A vote withheld is not a vote in law and is not counted in the calculation of the votes for or against a resolution.
As at 5pm (UK time) on 2 May 2023 there were 2,774,737,491 Aviva plc ordinary shares and 200,000,000 Aviva plc preference shares in issue. On a poll in respect of the resolutions, ordinary shareholders are entitled to one vote per ordinary share held and preference shareholders are entitled to four votes per preference share held. Therefore, on a poll in respect of the resolutions, the total voting rights in the Company as at that time was 3,574,737,491 (in aggregate 2,774,737,491 in respect of the ordinary shares and 800,000,000 in respect of the preference shares).
In accordance with UK Listing Rule 9.6.2R, copies of all the resolutions passed other than resolutions concerning ordinary business have been submitted to the UK Listing AuthorityFinancial Conduct Authority via the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available for inspection at https://data.fca.org.uk/#/nsm/nationalstoragemechanism.
A copy of the poll results for the Annual General Meeting will also be available on the Aviva website at www.aviva.com/agm shortly.
Further details on the resolutions is provided in the Circular to Shareholders and Notice of General Meeting which is available on the Aviva website at www.aviva.com/agm.
Roy Tooley, Head of Secretariat – Corporate
+44 (0)7800 699 781
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
Rupert Taylor Rea
+44 (0)7385 494 440
Joel von Sternberg
+44 (0)7384 231 238
+44 (0)7837 234 388
Notes to editors:
- We are one of the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement businesses and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in India, China and Singapore.
- We help our 18.7 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for more than 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2022, we paid £23.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become Net Zero by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition and action at www.aviva.com/sustainability
- While we are working towards our sustainability ambitions, we acknowledge that we have relationships with businesses and existing assets that may be associated with significant emissions. More information can be found at www.aviva.com/sustainability/climate/
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 31 December 2022, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £352 billion and our estimated Solvency II shareholder capital surplus as at 31 March 2023 was £7.7 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/avivaplc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva