Appointment of Mike Craston as Non-Executive Director of Aviva plc.
Aviva plc ("Aviva" or the "Company") announces that Mike Craston has been appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Aviva plc with effect from 17 May 2022.
Mike is currently Chair of the Aviva Investors’ Boards in the UK and Canada and is director of the Aviva Investors’ Board in North America. He has also held a number of senior asset management roles including as CEO, America and Asia, at Legal and General; and at Aegon Asset Management, Scottish Equitable and Schroders.
Mike will become a member of the Aviva Customer, Conduct and Reputation Committee.
George Culmer, Chair, said: “Mike brings invaluable asset management experience and we are delighted to welcome him to the Board of Aviva plc as a Non-Executive Director.”
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
Rupert Taylor Rea
+44 (0)7385 494 440
Joel von Sternberg
+44 (0)7384 231 238
+44 (0)7837 234 388
- In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R(1) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Mike Craston.
- At the date of this announcement, Mike Craston holds 29,201 Aviva shares (which represents 38,423 Aviva shares pre the share consolidation announced on 16 May 2022).
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition and action at www.aviva.com/sustainability
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 30 June 2022, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £353 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus at 30 September 2022 was £8.8 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva