Aviva has secured a significant five-year extension to its exclusive distribution agreement with the UK’s largest estate agency Connells Group, to provide its mortgage and rental customers with protection insurance.
The extension to the partnership agreement, first formed between Aviva and Connells Group in 2017, is testament to the success of the existing partnership between the two leading brands, and to the confidence in Aviva’s range of protection propositions.
With the acquisition of Countrywide by Connells Group completed in March 2021, the partnership provides an opportunity for Aviva to distribute its life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection cover through more than 1,250 high street estate agency branches, via Connells Group’s teams of mortgage consultants.
"We are delighted that Aviva continues to be the partner of choice for Connells Group and that we can deepen our close partnership."
The enlarged Connells Group accounts for around 10% of all new estate agency instructions and had more than £30bn worth of mortgage applications submitted in 2020 across its entire business.1
This new agreement covers the majority of estate agency brands now held by Connells Group and The New Homes Group.
Daren Boys, Protection Portfolio Distribution Director at Aviva said: “We are delighted that Aviva continues to be the partner of choice for Connells Group and that we can deepen our close partnership. We already have fresh joint developments in the pipeline that will help drive further efficiency, improve the customer journey and protect even more customers’.
Adrian Scott, Connells Group Mortgage Services Director, said: “We are really pleased to extend our successful partnership with Aviva with a new, single, long-term agreement for our estate agency business. Aviva provides a suite of great products for our customers, and we look forward to building on our strong relationship by developing into new areas over the coming months.”
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- At 30 June 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £522 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.You can follow us on:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/avivaplc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva