Aviva today announces the appointment of Stephen Doherty as Chief Brand and Corporate Affairs Officer. This is a new role at Aviva and Stephen will join the Group Executive Committee, reporting to Aviva Chief Executive Officer, Amanda Blanc.
Stephen will commence his role at Aviva in March 2021, and will lead on brand, public policy, corporate responsibility, communications and customer strategy.
Stephen is currently Managing Director, Group Head of Corporate Relations at Barclays PLC and was previously Director of Communications at Diageo PLC. He has also held senior roles at the international communications consultancies Cohn & Wolfe, Edelman and Weber Shandwick. Stephen’s appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
"Aviva has a strong brand and reputation, which play a critical role in our success. We are committed to strengthening and developing this key area of differentiation for our business. I am delighted we have appointed someone of Stephen’s calibre and experience in this significant, new role at Aviva."
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. We were the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006, we have invested £6bn in green assets since 2015 and we are a member of the UN Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our international businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion (HY20) and our Solvency II capital surplus is £11.8 billion (Q320). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, latest B-Roll, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.