Aviva today announces the appointment of Stephen Doherty as Chief Brand and Corporate Affairs Officer. This is a new role at Aviva and Stephen will join the Group Executive Committee, reporting to Aviva Chief Executive Officer, Amanda Blanc.
Stephen will commence his role at Aviva in March 2021, and will lead on brand, public policy, corporate responsibility, communications and customer strategy.
Stephen is currently Managing Director, Group Head of Corporate Relations at Barclays PLC and was previously Director of Communications at Diageo PLC. He has also held senior roles at the international communications consultancies Cohn & Wolfe, Edelman and Weber Shandwick. Stephen’s appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
"Aviva has a strong brand and reputation, which play a critical role in our success. We are committed to strengthening and developing this key area of differentiation for our business. I am delighted we have appointed someone of Stephen’s calibre and experience in this significant, new role at Aviva."
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition and action at www.aviva.com/sustainability
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 30 June 2022, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £353 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus at 30 September 2022 was £8.8 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva