Aviva today announces the appointment of Adam Winslow as CEO of International. This is a new role at Aviva and Adam will join the Group Executive Committee, reporting to Amanda Blanc.
Adam will join Aviva in January and will be responsible for Aviva’s international businesses in continental Europe and Asia. Adam has two decades of experience in the international insurance industry and is currently Chief Executive Officer, Global Life Insurance, at AIG. Adam has previously held several CEO roles at AIG, responsible for life insurance across a number of markets. Adam was also a former Director of Partnerships and Director of Retail at Aviva UK.
Chris Wei, Aviva’s Executive Chairman for Asia has decided to leave the company and will continue with Aviva until the end of June 2021.
I am determined to change Aviva and unlock value. This requires the strongest possible leadership team. Adam Winslow will bring focus and decisiveness as we manage our businesses in continental Europe and Asia for long-term shareholder value.
I’d like to thank Chris Wei for his leadership of our Asian businesses over the last six years. Chris has been invaluable in our strategic review of Asia and will be leaving Aviva next year following the successful divestment of our Singapore, Indonesia and Hong Kong businesses. Chris leaves with our huge thanks and best wishes for the future.
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. We were the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006, we have invested £6bn in green assets since 2015 and we are a member of the UN Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our international businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion (HY20) and our Solvency II capital surplus is £11.8 billion (Q320). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, latest B-Roll, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.