Aviva today announces the appointment of Adam Winslow as CEO of International. This is a new role at Aviva and Adam will join the Group Executive Committee, reporting to Amanda Blanc.
Adam will join Aviva in January and will be responsible for Aviva’s international businesses in continental Europe and Asia. Adam has two decades of experience in the international insurance industry and is currently Chief Executive Officer, Global Life Insurance, at AIG. Adam has previously held several CEO roles at AIG, responsible for life insurance across a number of markets. Adam was also a former Director of Partnerships and Director of Retail at Aviva UK.
Chris Wei, Aviva’s Executive Chairman for Asia has decided to leave the company and will continue with Aviva until the end of June 2021.
I am determined to change Aviva and unlock value. This requires the strongest possible leadership team. Adam Winslow will bring focus and decisiveness as we manage our businesses in continental Europe and Asia for long-term shareholder value.
I’d like to thank Chris Wei for his leadership of our Asian businesses over the last six years. Chris has been invaluable in our strategic review of Asia and will be leaving Aviva next year following the successful divestment of our Singapore, Indonesia and Hong Kong businesses. Chris leaves with our huge thanks and best wishes for the future.
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- At 30 June 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £522 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.You can follow us on:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/avivaplc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva