Inspiring women at Aviva
The UK government’s Women in Finance Charter commits financial services firms to support women’s progression into senior roles.
Our commitment to be a responsible global organisation ties in well with the aims of the Charter. We’re delighted that we’ve already achieved our initial targets as a charter signatory:
- For women to make up at least 30% of our Group Executive Committee (consistent with our 30% Club commitment in 2016).
- To establish the Women in Leadership programme as a key initiative for developing a pipeline of leaders at Aviva who are women. 40% of participants have progressed into new roles since we launched in 2016.
In 2020, we continue our commitment to develop programmes which help advance women at all levels, thereby strengthening our talent pipelines to senior management:
- Our Emerging Leaders programme invites employees to self-nominate and inclusion is considered as part of our selection process.
- Aviva Investors have implemented a structured mentoring programme. This initially focused on senior female leaders, and later expanded to the broader population.
Increased gender diversity not only lends us business benefits but also has a wider impact on society and the economy.
* Leaders are defined as Head of and above.