Today, we’re proud to share that Suzie Nolan, Head of Property Fund Management at Aviva Ireland and Danny Harmer, our Chief People Officer, are on this year’s HERoes Role Model Lists.
Suzie has been named one of the Top 20 Future Leaders and Danny appears on the Women Executives list.
Suzie Nolan co-chairs Aviva Ireland’s Balance network, which focuses on gender equality, and sits on Aviva Ireland’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, as well as establishing a mentor circle programme to help female mentees in their careers. She is also an active council member of the 30% Club, including the Financial Services Group.
Suzie champions diversity of thought at all decision-making forums. She encourages the elimination of male-only panels and works on succession planning, recruitment and development programmes to speed up this process. Leading by example, Suzie’s own team is highly diverse in terms of gender, age and ethnicity.
Suzie Nolan, Head of Property Fund Management, Aviva Ireland: “I’ve worked in property for over 15 years, managing properties and property funds internationally in a heavily male-dominated industry. I’ve always wanted to pave the way for colleagues who want to progress in their career, and I take my privilege as a fund manager as an opportunity to pay it forward for future generations.”
Danny is the Co-Executive Sponsor of our Pride Community, co-chair of the One Aviva Inclusion Council and Co-Executive Sponsor of our Domestic Abuse Working Group, which introduced training in 2020 to support customers and colleagues.
Danny also writes articles and speaks at events on issues such as menopause, caring and working parents. She mentors several women, and is a past Master of the Guild of HR Professionals.
Danny Harmer, Chief People Officer, Aviva plc: “Every one of us contributes to an organisation’s diversity. We can all help create more inclusive cultures in our organisations, and in broader society too. Inspirational role models like Suzie are just brilliant at showing us all the way.”
HERoes Women Role Model Lists
The global HERoes Women Role Model Lists showcase leaders across multiple sectors and industries who champion women in business and drive change for gender diversity in the workplace across the world.
Those on the HERoes Role Model Lists have not only achieved success in their own careers but actively drive for more inclusive workplaces.
We believe everyone at Aviva should be themselves. Read more about our approach to diversity and inclusion.
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in India, China and Singapore.
- We help our 18.7 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for more than 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2022, we paid £23.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- In 2021, we announced our ambition to become Net Zero by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. We are aiming to have a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. While we are working towards our sustainability ambitions, we acknowledge that we have relationships with businesses and existing assets that may be associated with significant emissions. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition and action at www.aviva.com/sustainability
- Aviva is a Living Wage, Living Pension and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 30 June 2023, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £358 billion and our estimated Solvency II shareholder capital surplus as at 30 September 2023 was £7.6 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva