Chika Aghadiuno, Global Enterprise Risk Director, has made the EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model list. These celebrate the achievements of the ethnic minority business community.
Peers and colleagues nominated the 2022 Ethnic Minority Role Models based on their experience and influence.
There are three lists:
- Executives - for leading by example
- Future Leaders – for contribution to ethnic minority inclusion
- Advocates – for creating a more inclusive environment for ethnic minority colleagues
Chika came 31st on the EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Executives List.
Chika helped create both the Aviva Black Action Plan and Aviva’s Black History Month programme, and continues supporting initiatives such as anti-racist training. She also co-created the Black Professionals Network as a cohort of Origins, Aviva’s employee resource group for faith, race, ethnicity and socioeconomic background. This has helped amplify Black voices within the organisation.
Outside Aviva, Chika has been engaged in multiple initiatives and education and discussion sessions in the insurance sector and the actuarial profession to promote and support Black talent and inclusion. “The most pleasing aspect of this acknowledgment is that it reflects, more than ever, the fruits of the efforts of a groundswell of individuals within Aviva over the past couple of years. I can attest to the elevated standing that Aviva has in terms of its commitments and steady actions and I applaud everyone who has engaged with the often complex topics of race, ethnicity and diversity more generally.
I have seen greater organisational confidence, ever more interest from our people, our regulators and other stakeholders. Challenges remain, of course, but I am looking forward to another year of learning, understanding and progress.”
Congratulations to Chika. For the full list visit the EMpower website.
We are focused on attracting, promoting and retaining more ethnic minority employees – across all levels of the business. Having visible role models like Chika is an important part of this. Read about Diversity and Inclusion at Aviva.
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- At 31 December 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £401 billion. Our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £8.8 billion as at 31 March 2022. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva