Today, we’re proud to share that Danny Harmer, our Chief People Officer and Lindsey Rix, Chief Executive Officer of our UK Savings and Retirement business, both feature in this year’s HERoes Women Executives Role Model List.
Danny is the Co-Executive Sponsor of our Carers Community, Executive Representative on the Global Inclusion Committee and, along with Lindsey Rix, is Co-Executive Sponsor of our Domestic Abuse Working Group, which has introduced training to support customers and colleagues.
Danny also sponsors and speaks at events on topics like Menopause and writes articles on issues such as caring and working parents. Outside work Danny mentors several women, supports career development activities at her daughters’ school and is a past Master of the Guild of HR Professionals.
"I am really delighted to be named in the HERoes Women Executives Role Models List among so many awesome women.
"When we create environments where everyone can reach their potential, we all reap the benefits of the diverse, inclusive teams and culture this enables.” Danny Harmer, Aviva Chief People Officer
Lindsey has recently established the Commercial Leadership Initiative to broaden opportunities for women within Aviva. Lindsey is an experienced mentor and has mentored over 20 women during the last five years, most notably as a lead mentor for the Aviva Women in Leadership Programme which strengthens the learning and development pathway for high potential women. Lindsey is Co-Executive Sponsor of our Domestic Abuse Working Group, along with Danny Harmer.
Lindsey is also passionate about creating the right environment for women to prosper and is a lead voice on the Mid-Life MOT campaign externally, which supports over 45s with their work, wealth and wellbeing.
“I am delighted to be featured, alongside a number of inspirational women, in the HERoes Women Executives Role Model List 2020.
"I’ve always been passionate about making a real difference to the careers of women and creating the right environment for women to succeed both within Aviva and externally.
"It’s a real honour to be recognised for this work.” Lindsey Rix, Aviva UK CEO, Savings and Retirement
HERoes Women Role Model Lists
The global HERoes Women Role Model Lists showcase leaders across multiple sectors and industries who champion women in business and drive change for gender diversity in the workplace across the world.
Those on the HERoes Role Model Lists have not only achieved success in their own careers but actively drive for more inclusive workplaces.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. We were the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006, we have invested £6bn in green assets since 2015 and we are a member of the UN Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our international businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion (HY20) and our Solvency II capital surplus is £11.8 billion (Q320). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, latest B-Roll, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.