Josi Reinhardt (they/them), Customer Service Representative, and Danny Harmer (she/her), Chief People Officer, have both been named in the 2022 OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists.
Josi has made the OUTstanding Top 100 LGBT+ Future Leaders’ Role Models List for the second time after being named in 2020.
Josi sits on the Aviva Pride steering committee and will take over as Aviva Pride co-chair at the end of the year. They’re involved in their local DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) group and help run an internal DEI podcast titled ‘Me, You & Taboo’, as well as writing for a monthly DEI newsletter in our Life business.
Josi has also worked with our DE&I team, most recently on a piece of work to allow colleagues to display their pronouns on their work ID badges.
In addition to their work with Aviva Pride, Josi is neurodivergent and works with our Avivability community.
Josi Reinhardt, Customer Service Representative said: “I am very grateful to be on the OUTstanding Future Leaders’ List again – there’s always more to do and I will continue to advocate for the LGBTQ+ community, particularly trans and nonbinary people. Every time someone comes out to me, or seeks my support on neurodivergence or mental health, it warms my heart. I want to leave the world a little kinder than I found it.”
Danny has been named in the OUTstanding Top 50 Ally Executives Role Model List. As well as being Chief People Officer, Danny is the Co-Executive Sponsor of our Pride Community.
Danny also this year announced Aviva’s sponsorship of Queer Britain, the UK’s first LGBTQ+ museum and archive, which will provide skills-based volunteering opportunities for Aviva colleagues.
Danny Harmer, Chief People Officer, Aviva said: “I feel privileged to be named in the OUTstanding Ally Executives List – it’s really a reflection of the brilliant Pride community at Aviva. And we can all be active advocates – speaking and standing up for communities and seeking to understand and help them tackle any issues they face. I am lucky to know and work with so many people who inspire me to act.”
About INvolve and OUTstanding
The OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists supported by Yahoo Finance are a powerful reflection of the incredible achievements of LGBT+ people in the business community. Lists are published annually and showcase 100 LGBT+ Executives, 100 LGBT+ Future Leaders and 50 Ally Executives.
OUTstanding is part of INvolve, the consultancy and global network championing diversity and inclusion in business. Through the delivery of events, programmes, thought leadership and advisory services, INvolve helps firms drive cultural change and create inclusive workplaces where any individual can succeed.
INvolve also publishes Empower and HERoes role model lists annually, recognising and celebrating business leaders and future leaders who are breaking down barriers at work and inspiring the next generation of diverse talent.
Read the OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Models Lists in full
Read more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Aviva
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition and action at www.aviva.com/sustainability
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 30 June 2022, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £353 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus at 30 September 2022 was £8.8 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva