Two Aviva colleagues have made the EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model lists. These celebrate the achievements of the ethnic minority business community.
Peers and colleagues nominated the 2021 Ethnic Minority Role Models based on their experience and influence.
Chika Aghadiuno, Group Enterprise Risk Director, came 52nd on the EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Executives List.
“Race and ethnicity has never been an easy topic to tackle. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have chosen to do something – the smallest of individual acts can be as impactful as the big organisational initiatives which are nothing without the support and take up of us all.
“Aviva is playing its part here to make sure we continue to learn and move forward. I and so many others are committed to supporting these efforts and counting on your continued energy and input. My congratulations to Shreeya – a fantastic example of the emerging talent we have at Aviva.”
Shreeya Paudel, Client Relationship Manager, Aviva Investors, came 39th on the EMpower 100 Future Leaders List.
“I feel extremely privileged to have been recognised on the EMpower list and for the continued efforts for change I am part of through Aviva Balance. I have always believed that instead of a marathon, the path to change is a series of sprints and we cannot ever compromise on pace.
“I am grateful to those who have inspired, nurtured, guided and encouraged that desire for pace of change, especially within Aviva. I can only hope to do the same.
“I cannot wait for the day that lists like these aren’t required and milestones that may seem too ambitious today become the norm.”
Congratulations to Chika and Shreeya.
For the full list visit the EMpower website.
Read about diversity and inclusion at Aviva
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group as at 31 December 2020 are £535 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12.5 billion as at 31 March 2021. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva