Aviva today announces the appointment of Mark Versey as Chief Executive of Aviva Investors. The appointment is another important step in the delivery of Aviva’s new strategy. Mark is currently Chief Investments Officer, Real Assets, at Aviva Investors. He will join Aviva’s Group Executive Committee, reporting to Aviva Group CEO, Amanda Blanc, and will assume his new role with immediate effect.*
Mark succeeds Euan Munro who, after seven years as CEO of Aviva Investors, will take up a role outside of Aviva.
Mark Versey joined Aviva Investors in 2014 and has most recently led, and significantly grown, the £47 billion real assets business which includes infrastructure, real estate and private debt markets. Mark sits on the Investment Committee of the Investment Association and chairs its Sustainability and Responsible Investment Committee. Mark was previously Chief Investment Officer at Friends Life Group and Chief Investment Officer of AXA UK. Mark is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries.
Aviva Investors is the international asset management business of Aviva plc. It is a leader in responsible investing and has assets under management of £355 billion at end of June 2020.
Amanda Blanc, Aviva Group Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Mark is the leader that Aviva Investors needs to take it forward. Aviva Investors is a core part of Aviva and its investment capabilities are critical to our ambition to be the UK’s leading insurer. I have been impressed with Mark’s determination to strengthen Aviva Investors, deliver excellent investment performance and extend our leadership in responsible investing. Aviva Investors has a significant role to play in the delivery of Aviva’s strategy, providing Aviva customers with attractive investment solutions for each step of their lives.
“I would like to thank Euan Munro for his leadership of Aviva Investors over the past seven years. He leaves with our best wishes for the next stage of his career.”
Mark Versey, Chief Executive of Aviva Investors, said:
“I am delighted to have the opportunity to lead Aviva Investors through its next phase of growth. The business has strong capabilities in fixed income, credit, equities, multi-asset and real assets, as well as being a leader in responsible investment. My overriding priority will be to provide our customers with strong and consistent investment performance to deliver the outcomes they are looking for, including meeting net zero emission targets through sustainable investments. We have a significant opportunity at Aviva Investors to grow the business organically and help Aviva meet its ambitions in the UK.”
*subject to regulatory approval
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 693 219
+44 (0)7385 382 206
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £535 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £13.0 billion (FY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva