The British Insurance Awards are one of the most prestigious events of the year in the insurance world and we’re incredibly proud to have won General Insurer of the Year.
Not only that, we also took home the much-coveted Commercial Lines Insurer and Personal Lines Insurer of the Year, as well as the Investing in the Profession / Training Award.
These awards highlight that we’re getting it right for our broker partners and customers while continuing to innovate and provide excellent customer service.
Commenting on the awards, Colm Holmes, Aviva’s Global CEO of General Insurance said:
It’s always a great honour to be recognised for what we do on behalf of our broker partners and customers.
In a year like we’ve all had, it’s hard not to think of all those who have been impacted by Covid-19, but the way our broker partners have rallied to support us and all our customers gives me great confidence for the future of insurance.
Congrats to all those who have been nominated and won an award this evening, and it’s a pleasure to pick this award up on behalf of our fantastic team at Aviva.
In a message sent to the Aviva General Insurance team, Amanda Blanc, Chief Executive Officer said:
It’s not every night you create a little bit of history. What an achievement - winning the Personal Lines, Commercial Lines AND General Insurer of the year awards in one night – all the big ones, and it’s never been done before. For those at the virtual awards ceremony I’m sure it wasn’t quite the same, but believe me when I say how much our competitors will be green with envy right now.
If there was ever a year to win and feel proud, this was it. Awards like these are hard fought, but incredible recognition for everything you do, every day for our Brokers, our Customers and for Aviva.
At a time when so much is uncertain in the world, seeing Aviva stand strong, delivering results and being recognised by the industry is pretty special. Thank you.
Congratulations to all this year’s winner, especially Ardonagh Group who scooped the Aviva sponsored ‘Broker of the Year’ award.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. We were the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006, we have invested £6bn in green assets since 2015 and we are a member of the UN Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our international businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion (HY20) and our Solvency II capital surplus is £11.8 billion (Q320). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, latest B-Roll, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.