Jon Marsh, Strategy & Portfolio Director for Aviva Personal Lines, has joined the new CityUK Next Generation Leadership Council.
The Council brings together 23 high-potential future leaders from across the financial and related professional services industry.
Chaired by Sir Adrian Montague, TheCityUK Leadership Council Chairman, it has been formed to challenge thinking and provide fresh perspectives and insights from a diverse group of potential future leaders.
The new Council will develop its own programme of activity focused around some of the big strategic issues facing the industry, and will also shadow TheCityUK Leadership Council, the UK’s premier assembly of leaders from across the financial and related professional services industry.
Commenting on joining the Council, Jon Marsh said: “I’m hugely excited to play my part in the CityUK Next Generation Leadership Council, it’s a real privilege and honour to have been nominated. I am thankful for the opportunity to work alongside some brilliant future leaders on some of the big strategic issues impacting customers and our industry at such a critical time.”
Sir Adrian Montague, TheCityUK Leadership Council and Next Generation Leadership Council Chairman, said, “The most important asset our industry has is our people. Developing and nurturing that huge diversity of talent is essential for us to meet the needs of our customers and ensure the industry’s future success. Through the Next Generation Leadership Council, we have bought together a talented and diverse group of individuals who have been identified by their firms as potential future leaders. I am excited about the fresh perspectives, ideas and constructive challenge they will bring to our work on behalf of the industry and also for our role in supporting their career development.”
Members of the first cohort of TheCityUK Next Generation Leadership Council were nominated by members of TheCityUK Leadership Council and assessed and appointed by a nominations committee of senior practitioners.
Next Generation Leadership Council 2020 Cohort:
- Mary Alade, Chief Strategy Officer to the Global Chairman, Aon Reinsurance Solutions
- Mark Bartley, Head of UK Distribution Management, Invesco
- Shilpa Bhandarkar, CEO, Nakhoda
- Elodie Blanc, Deputy Head and Chief Operating Officer, Capital Markets and Advisory, Credit Suisse
- Noeleen Cowley, Partner, Head of Risk & Regulatory Driven Transformation practice and Financial Services Consulting Lead for ESG, KPMG
- Tasnim Ghiawadwala, Head of UK Corporate Banking, Barclays
- Lucinda Hedley, Head of Strategy for Financial Services, Deloitte
- Pav Khela, Head of the Platform Partner Team, Fidelity International
- Gavin Lewis, Managing Director, BlackRock
- Jon Marsh, Strategy & Portfolio Director, Aviva General Insurance
- Nael Masud, Director at BofA Securities, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Joe McHale, Head of European Government and Regulatory Affairs, Bloomberg
- Celia Murray, Head of UK M&A, JP Morgan
- James O’Donnell, Partner, DLA Piper UK LLP
- Abi Oladipo, Senior Strategy Associate in the Information Services Division, London Stock Exchange Group
- Melissa Paterson, Senior Relationship Manager within the Investor Coverage team, BNP Paribas
- Emma Rachmaninov, Partner in the Financial Services practice, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Anna Richardson Brown, Managing Director, UK Investment Banking, UBS
- Olivia Shipton, Project Leader in the Financial Institutions practice area, Boston Consulting Group
- Mirra Sondhi, Global Head of Technology Risk, Schroders
- Hayley Spink, Head of Global Operations, Lloyd’s of London
- Ellie Teo, Senior Associate in Financial Regulation, Shearman & Sterling
- Cara Wood, Associate, Financial Services Practice, Odgers Berndtson
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our International businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.0 billion (HY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.