Jon Marsh, Strategy & Portfolio Director for Aviva Personal Lines, has joined the new CityUK Next Generation Leadership Council.
The Council brings together 23 high-potential future leaders from across the financial and related professional services industry.
Chaired by Sir Adrian Montague, TheCityUK Leadership Council Chairman, it has been formed to challenge thinking and provide fresh perspectives and insights from a diverse group of potential future leaders.
The new Council will develop its own programme of activity focused around some of the big strategic issues facing the industry, and will also shadow TheCityUK Leadership Council, the UK’s premier assembly of leaders from across the financial and related professional services industry.
Commenting on joining the Council, Jon Marsh said: “I’m hugely excited to play my part in the CityUK Next Generation Leadership Council, it’s a real privilege and honour to have been nominated. I am thankful for the opportunity to work alongside some brilliant future leaders on some of the big strategic issues impacting customers and our industry at such a critical time.”
Sir Adrian Montague, TheCityUK Leadership Council and Next Generation Leadership Council Chairman, said, “The most important asset our industry has is our people. Developing and nurturing that huge diversity of talent is essential for us to meet the needs of our customers and ensure the industry’s future success. Through the Next Generation Leadership Council, we have bought together a talented and diverse group of individuals who have been identified by their firms as potential future leaders. I am excited about the fresh perspectives, ideas and constructive challenge they will bring to our work on behalf of the industry and also for our role in supporting their career development.”
Members of the first cohort of TheCityUK Next Generation Leadership Council were nominated by members of TheCityUK Leadership Council and assessed and appointed by a nominations committee of senior practitioners.
Next Generation Leadership Council 2020 Cohort:
- Mary Alade, Chief Strategy Officer to the Global Chairman, Aon Reinsurance Solutions
- Mark Bartley, Head of UK Distribution Management, Invesco
- Shilpa Bhandarkar, CEO, Nakhoda
- Elodie Blanc, Deputy Head and Chief Operating Officer, Capital Markets and Advisory, Credit Suisse
- Noeleen Cowley, Partner, Head of Risk & Regulatory Driven Transformation practice and Financial Services Consulting Lead for ESG, KPMG
- Tasnim Ghiawadwala, Head of UK Corporate Banking, Barclays
- Lucinda Hedley, Head of Strategy for Financial Services, Deloitte
- Pav Khela, Head of the Platform Partner Team, Fidelity International
- Gavin Lewis, Managing Director, BlackRock
- Jon Marsh, Strategy & Portfolio Director, Aviva General Insurance
- Nael Masud, Director at BofA Securities, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Joe McHale, Head of European Government and Regulatory Affairs, Bloomberg
- Celia Murray, Head of UK M&A, JP Morgan
- James O’Donnell, Partner, DLA Piper UK LLP
- Abi Oladipo, Senior Strategy Associate in the Information Services Division, London Stock Exchange Group
- Melissa Paterson, Senior Relationship Manager within the Investor Coverage team, BNP Paribas
- Emma Rachmaninov, Partner in the Financial Services practice, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Anna Richardson Brown, Managing Director, UK Investment Banking, UBS
- Olivia Shipton, Project Leader in the Financial Institutions practice area, Boston Consulting Group
- Mirra Sondhi, Global Head of Technology Risk, Schroders
- Hayley Spink, Head of Global Operations, Lloyd’s of London
- Ellie Teo, Senior Associate in Financial Regulation, Shearman & Sterling
- Cara Wood, Associate, Financial Services Practice, Odgers Berndtson
TheCityUK is the industry-led body representing UK-based financial and related professional services.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £535 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £13.0 billion (FY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva