Aviva plc (“Aviva” or the “Company”) announces the appointment of Mohit Joshi and Jim McConville as Independent Non-Executive Directors of the Company with effect from 1 December 2020.
Jim and Mohit bring significant experience in retail financial services and operational and IT transformation to the Board. Jim was previously Group Finance Director of Phoenix Group, where he was responsible for all aspects of the Group’s financial strategy and management and during which he led the transition programme bringing Phoenix and Standard Life Assurance together. Prior to that he was Chief Financial Officer of Northern Rock from 2010-2012, and prior to that worked for Lloyds TSB Group (now Lloyds Banking Group plc) in a number of senior finance and strategy related roles. Jim is currently a Non-Executive Director of Tesco Bank.
Mohit is a President of Infosys, a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. He heads the Financial Services, Healthcare and Life Sciences business verticals for the company and is the Chairperson for EdgeVerve, their Software subsidiary. Mohit joined Infosys in 2000 after an initial career in Banking and has over 24 years of professional experience working across the US, India, Mexico, and Europe.
Jim will assume the role of Chair of the Customer, Conduct and Reputation Committee and will become a member of the Audit, Risk and Nomination and Governance Committees. Mohit will become a member of the Risk and Nomination and Governance Committees.
We are delighted to welcome Mohit and Jim to the Board. Their tremendous expertise adds significantly to the skills and experience of the Board. Jim is an experienced CFO and Mohit a renowned business leader in technology and transformation, and their collective knowledge of our industry will ensure Aviva continues to move at pace.
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
- In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R(1) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Jim McConville and Mohit Joshi.
- At the date of this announcement, Mohit Joshi and Jim McConville have no beneficial interest in ordinary shares of Aviva.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £535 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £13.0 billion (FY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva