Three of our colleagues have made the EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model lists. These celebrate the achievements of the ethnic minority business community in the UK & Ireland, Europe, the United States and Canada.
Peers and colleagues nominated all the 2020 Ethnic Minority Role Models based on their experience and influence.
Chika Aghadiuno, Global Risk Director, came 22nd on the EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Executives List.
“At a time when the discussion around race and, notably, racism towards the black community is dominating our news and consciousness, the EMpower list provides a welcome opportunity to remind ourselves and celebrate the many truly diverse individuals that exist and the contribution we make. I look forward to slipping off the list to make way for the many individuals who I know deserve to be on this list ahead of myself, and more importantly, I look forward to the day we no longer need such lists.”
Sonia Janday, Senior Legal Counsel, Aviva Investors, came 38th on the EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Future Leaders List.
“Absolutely honoured and overjoyed to be recognised on the EMpower Role Model Lists as an Ethnic Minority Future Leader for 2020. I am thankful that I have been given this platform at Aviva, representing our members on the things that matter to the Origins community.
“My involvement has given me a dual role in looking at this from both an employee and company perspective, listening to our people, addressing company concerns and allowing me to challenge where necessary. Although we have had some great achievements so far, there is still a lot more to do. I want to continue to ensure that everyone is heard and has the benefit of opportunities that I did not have in my early career.”
Anna Dilku, Global Red Cross Partnership Manager, came 99th on the EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Future Leaders List.
“My parents, a solicitor and consultant, have been my role models at home – ambitious, determined and trailblazing, so why couldn’t I see any Indians in the spotlight in my professional life? There were no relatable role models to aspire towards. I made a conscious decision to be the change I wanted to see. Now, more than ever, I’m proud to be part of the conversations we are having at Aviva about the change we need to effect and how far we still have to go.”
Congratulations to Chika, Anna and Sonia. For the full list visit the Empower website
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our International businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.0 billion (HY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.