Aviva Italy confirms its commitment towards the Milanese city with a new donation of more than €200,000 to the local district of the Italian Red Cross, together with a donation of €200,000 to support the Mutual Aid Fund instituted by the Mayor of Milan.
Aviva Italy, a company present in Italy for almost a century, confirms its commitment in supporting the city of Milan facing the emergency situation related to Covid-19 with a new donations of more than €200,000 to the local district of the Italian Red Cross and €200,000 to the Mutual Aid Fund promoted by the Mayor, Giuseppe Sala previously announced.
The sum of €200,000 dedicated to support the Milanese district of Red Cross Italy forms part of the £10 million committed by the Aviva Group and the Aviva Foundation* so that the global Red Cross movement can ensure those made most vulnerable by the coronavirus outbreak can get the right support at the right time . It will address concrete needs in this moment of emergency, such as the purchase of technical equipment for a new ambulance vehicle, a van for distribution of food to those in need and two additional hybrid commercial vehicles to reach families easily, reducing environmental impact at the same time.
The total amount will cover the purchase of 10 thermal cameras to be installed in schools and workplaces, new uniforms for volunteers who provides healthcare and fuel to supply vehicles. Previously in March 2020, Aviva donated a vehicle to the Local district of Red Cross in Monza.
The donation of €200,000 to the Mutual Aid Fund instituted by Giuseppe Sala, Mayor of Milan, aims to support now people in difficulties for the Covid situation and, once the health emergency is over, to recover the economy. Aviva Italy doubled up the amount of the donation made in March of €100,000 thanks to the generosity of its employees, who decided to contribute to the cause by donating hundreds of their holiday days.
“With this donation, we wish to reaffirm our commitment to the city of Milan and its citizens. As Aviva Group, we have always been close to the Red Cross and we are extremely proud to give a concrete help thanks to its work with local communities. With Corporate Social Responsibility activities, we will reach roughly 30,000 people in the city – comments Ignacio Izquierdo, Chief Executive Officer of Aviva in Italy.
“I wish to express gratitude to my colleagues who demonstrated extraordinary devotion to our values with their generous contributions. Thanks to them we have doubled the amount dedicated to the Mutual Aid Fund instituted by the Mayor Sala, with the aim to strengthen our hopes to overcome one of the most delicate moments of the story of this city.”
*The Aviva Foundation is administered by Charities Trust under UK charity registration number 327489.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.