As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to impact people and businesses locally and globally, communities across Singapore will require continued assistance. In support of this, Aviva has pledged $100,000 to the Sayang Sayang Fund.
The Sayang Sayang Fund, initiated by the Community Foundation of Singapore (CFS), was established to extend help to both healthcare professionals and sensitive communities that may be impacted by COVID-19.
The fund pledged by Aviva will go towards supporting:
- The provision of transport vouchers to frontline healthcare staff in public healthcare institutions such as hospitals and polyclinics. Ancillary staff such as cleaners and security personnel are also included.
- The provision of support funds to staff working in community-based healthcare organisations such as nursing homes, community hospitals, and rehabilitation centres. This is to acknowledge their relentless service and boost morale.
- Additional aid to community partners and charities supporting vulnerable communities like seniors and low-income families who are impacted by the heightened precautionary measures taken during COVID-19. This includes medical and cleaning supplies, subsidised medical treatment, and grocery vouchers.
During these trying times, it is important that the nation bands together to protect the people in Singapore, especially those who are more vulnerable, as best as we can.
More about the Sayang Sayang Fund
Affectionately named as the Sayang Sayang Fund, it takes after a local colloquial term that most people are familiar with – to love and to care. The objectives of the fund are:
- To provide support for vulnerable communities who are impacted due to the precautionary measures taken recently.
- To show appreciation to healthcare staff who are working tirelessly managing the increased workload.
In addition to the above our people in Singapore are also showing their support for their local communities. As a business, we are also supporting our people to adapt to new ways of working.
The Meals with Love initiative started in 2017 in Singapore. In partnership with the Red Cross, Aviva volunteers form teams and adopt a vulnerable household for six months. During each monthly visit, they buy healthy groceries and help out with chores. But importantly, they also give friendship. The people our volunteers help often live alone, have medical conditions and are isolated from society. The Covid-19 crisis has changed the way volunteers approach households, but they are continuing to support them via the delivery of food vouchers rather than groceries in person and as government rules on movement become stricter, we are looking into how else we can support the community.
Showing our appreciation for frontline heroes
To show their appreciation for the frontline heroes at Mount Alvernia and Thomson Medical hospitals in Singapore during the coronavirus outbreak, our people have organised deliveries of muffins and cookies to them.
Supporting our customers
Aviva Singapore policyholders can apply for a deferment if they have been retrenched or put on extended no-pay leave, and experienced an income drop. Those who are paying hospital bills for themselves or immediate family members undergoing COVID-19 treatments will also be eligible.
SME owners facing financial strain can apply for a three-month premium payment deferment relating to commercial or employee insurance policies.
Supporting our people
To support our people in Singapore during this time and to help them adapt to new ways of working, Aviva Singapore are also offering free coaching sessions to assist their employees when working from home.
About Aviva Singapore
- We’re a provider of Medisave-approved Integrated Shield plans as well as supplementary plans for the national ElderShield scheme.
- We’re also one of the biggest providers of employee benefits and healthcare. This includes protecting Singapore Armed Forces servicemen since 1983, as well as being the appointed provider for the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Public Officers Group Insurance Scheme (POGIS).
- Our people and their dedication to our customers is what sets us apart. Putting our customers first and caring passionately about their needs, striving to challenge the status quo and putting things right; this will ensure that Aviva will be there for our customers and for our communities today, tomorrow and for many years to come.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.