Aviva France has pledged a package of specific support measures to help customers and communities through the COVID-19 crisis and lockdown period. These range from premium and rent deferrals, to the creation of a solidarity fund for people who can’t.
The measures are designed to ease pressure on doctors, nurses and other frontline care roles. These include the creation of the Aviva Solidarité Soignants COVID-19 Fund. This will support customers who have tested positive for COVID-19 with a lump sum allowance while they can’t work.
Thank you to our health professionals
We’re hugely grateful for workers on the frontline in the fight against the pandemic. Support for health professionals will include:
- Professional Civil Liability policies extended to cover healthcare employees to work or volunteer for emergency services
- Breakdown assistance for all caregivers with motor policies
- Priority treatment for caregivers who test positive for COVID-19 and have an Aviva Senséo Médical contract, a specific insurance policy for medical professionals
We will protect our craftspeople, shopkeepers and professionals
We’re committed to supporting innovation, particularly alongside small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) such as start-ups and the healthcare sector.
We’ll keep supporting SME clients through the lockdown period, specifically by:
- Offering flexible payments for general insurance, health and protection premiums
- Suspending the process of revising premiums based on turnover of business customers
- Deferring rent for commercial or lease tenants on Aviva-owned premises
We’ll cover customers who need to use these measures, even if they struggle to pay premiums.
We’re committed to the real economy
We’ve invested in the development of goods and services markets for several years. Particularly in the social (health, medical research) and environmental fields. We’re also committed to increasing our share in France’s insurers' investment program, which is designed to help the economy recover.
For many years, Aviva has been supporting professionals and entrepreneurship in France and throughout the country. We are also convinced of the importance of our role in financing innovation in the field of healthcare and research. As an institutional investor, our responsibility is to participate more globally in the financing of the real economy through our investments in market funds or our innovation and impact investing funds. In this way, in this difficult period, we are strengthening our mobilization and our unwavering commitment to our SME clients weakened by the crisis.
About Aviva France
- Aviva France is one of the country’s leading insurers, offering a full range of products and services to nearly 3 million customers, including individuals, tradespeople, professionals and small and medium-sized businesses. A subsidiary of Aviva plc, we’re a responsible company with over 4,500 employees. We are committed to financing the real economy, supporting our society towards a more sustainable lifestyle and creating an inclusive corporate culture.
- For more information about Aviva France, visit http://presse.aviva.fr and follow us on Twitter @AvivaFrance.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. We were the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006, we have invested £6bn in green assets since 2015 and we are a member of the UN Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our international businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion (HY20) and our Solvency II capital surplus is £11.8 billion (Q320). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, latest B-Roll, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.