During these unprecedented times, to support our dedicated NHS workers we’re offering increased cover to our customers who work for the NHS.
The NHS is on the frontline helping fight the Covid-19 crisis and being there for everyone affected. As a thank you, we’re extending cover to help ensure NHS workers who are Aviva customers can get to their workplace and home safely, including:
- Free Aviva breakdown cover (including At Home), for NHS workers who have any Aviva, Quotemehappy or General Accident branded policy, if their car breaks down. Contact details for our breakdown cover can be found in our FAQs.
- Free courtesy car to any NHS workers with an Aviva motor policy, if their car is involved in an accident.
- Priority repairs on motor claims for our customers who are NHS workers so they can get back on the road as quickly as possible.
- Free enhanced personal belongings cover for our home contents customers who are NHS workers if their belongings are lost/damaged/stolen while they are working/commuting.
Supporting our Coronavirus volunteers
In recognition of our customers who are volunteering, for example to transport medicines or groceries to support others who are impacted by Covid-19, we want to clarify that that our customers with a motor policy will be covered whilst they undertake these unpaid activities.
The extra cover is available immediately. NHS workers or volunteers do not need to call us to arrange these as they will apply automatically if they need to make a claim.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.