Aviva plc (“Aviva” or the “Company”) has appointed Mr George Culmer as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from 25 September 2019. He will also join the Board Audit, Risk and Nomination Committees.
George was Chief Financial Officer of Lloyds Banking Group until 2 August 2019. During his seven years at Lloyds Banking Group, George was instrumental in restoring the bank’s financial performance and bringing it back to full private ownership. George has extensive insurance experience and was previously a director and Chief Financial Officer of RSA Insurance Group plc; Head of Capital Management of Zurich Financial Services and Chief Financial Officer of its UK operations. Prior to that George held various senior management positions at Prudential.
George brings significant board level experience with 15 years as a FTSE 100 Chief Financial Officer. He also has a deep understanding of insurance and wider financial services. George is an outstanding addition to our Board and I am delighted to welcome him to Aviva.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 6019
Investors and analysts:
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business.
- Our aim is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. Last year, we paid c.£33 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019) and our Solvency ratio is 195% (3Q19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.