Aviva plc (“Aviva” or the “Company”) has appointed Mr George Culmer as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from 25 September 2019. He will also join the Board Audit, Risk and Nomination Committees.
George was Chief Financial Officer of Lloyds Banking Group until 2 August 2019. During his seven years at Lloyds Banking Group, George was instrumental in restoring the bank’s financial performance and bringing it back to full private ownership. George has extensive insurance experience and was previously a director and Chief Financial Officer of RSA Insurance Group plc; Head of Capital Management of Zurich Financial Services and Chief Financial Officer of its UK operations. Prior to that George held various senior management positions at Prudential.
George brings significant board level experience with 15 years as a FTSE 100 Chief Financial Officer. He also has a deep understanding of insurance and wider financial services. George is an outstanding addition to our Board and I am delighted to welcome him to Aviva.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 6019
Investors and analysts:
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £346 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2019). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2018 we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Subscribe to our news alerts by email.
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.