Aviva has announced that its Master Trust has received authorisation from the Pension Regulator (TPR).
Aviva’s entirely independent Master Trust board has a range of industry expertise, including investment design and performance, clear communications, efficient administration and value for money.
Aviva Master Trust has previously been awarded Master Trust Quality Assurance by TPR. It also holds the Pension Quality Mark Ready accreditation.
Aviva Master Trust has grown significantly and currently manages over £2.5bn of assets for over 200,000 members.
“I’m delighted that Aviva Master Trust has received authorisation from the regulator. Our proposition is one of the strongest in the market and authorisation shows it is a quality pension scheme in terms of governance, operational effectiveness and financial security.
“It now means that our existing clients, and those considering using Aviva for their workplace pension, can be confident that our Master Trust complies with the highest standards.”
Colin Richardson, Chair of Trustees for Aviva Master Trust, said:
“This is a fantastic day for Aviva Master Trust. Myself and my fellow trustees have always been confident of the quality of the master trust, but authorisation from TPR is vital.
“I’m looking forward to continuing to work with Aviva to develop the Master Trust and deliver value for money for our members.”
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £346 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2019). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2018 we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Subscribe to our news alerts by email.
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.