Aviva plc (“Aviva” or the “Company”) has appointed Mr Patrick Flynn as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from 16 July 2019. He will also join the Board Audit, Risk and Nomination Committees.
Patrick was previously the Chief Financial Officer of ING, the Netherland’s largest financial services group, and was recognised for playing a key role in the transformation of the group to a well-capitalised and focused financial services provider with a significant retail offering.
Prior to his role at ING Patrick was Chief Financial Officer of HSBC Insurance and has served as a Non-Executive Director on the boards of two listed former ING insurance companies.
Patrick is currently a Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc.
I am delighted to welcome Patrick to the Aviva Board. Patrick is an experienced finance executive and he has significant experience of both retail financial and insurance services. Patrick has a strong reputation in the European market and he will be a great asset to the Board. I very much look forward to working with him.
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 6019
Investors and analysts:
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
Notes to editors:
- In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R (2) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Patrick Flynn.
- At the date of this announcement, Patrick Flynn has no beneficial interests in ordinary shares of Aviva.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £331 billion in assets (as at 31 December 2018). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £470 billion (as at 31 December 2018).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2018 we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.