Aviva has launched a new premium private medical insurance service to help employees in large companies make informed decisions about the care they choose and to give their employers better cost management.
Optimum Referral enables Aviva to match the choice of provider to a customer’s needs and is underpinned by the latest insight on a range of quality standards and performance measures. As use of the service grows, Aviva will continuously enhance customer choices and maintain competitive pricing of medical services.
Optimum Referral is available under Aviva’s existing Optimum private medical insurance, designed for companies with 250 or more employees. It allows employees to get an open referral through their GP or the Aviva Digital GP app to medical specialists and clinical facilities across the country.
Claims can begin online via MyAviva or over the telephone, with Aviva’s experts helping guide members through their options with instant handover to the treatment provider they select if they wish.
Access is also available to dedicated case management for conditions which require more specialist support, such as cancer.
Dr Doug Wright, Medical Director at Aviva, said: “Optimum Referral draws upon our breadth of clinical and customer service experience to deliver quality, sustainable healthcare to our corporate customers.
“Its open referral approach enables us to use our clinical knowledge and independent quality data to signpost members to an appropriate treatment provider. We’ve made sure it’s easy for members to access the treatments they need as well as providing full support to them every step of the way through their treatment journey.
“We believe Optimum Referral offers all this whilst driving tangible value from a business’s healthcare spend.”
For more information:
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £346 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2019). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2018 we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Subscribe to our news alerts by email.
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.