The new proposition includes same-day response times, discounted compliance packages and free learning and development tools.
The Aviva Broker Community is designed to address the specific needs of smaller, independent brokers, which were highlighted in research by Aviva*. The research found that these brokers often experience inconsistent service from insurers and a lack of wider support to run their businesses effectively.
At Aviva, we are champions of the independent broker sector and to back this up, we have to deliver the best possible outcomes for all our regional brokers and their customers. We asked brokers what they wanted from Aviva and after evaluating their feedback, we’re delivering the things they need to be successful in a challenging business environment.
Smaller Aviva brokers will automatically become part of the Aviva Broker Community, with access to a network of support and guidance chaired by Andrew Scott, an independent chartered broker. Community benefits include:
- Same day quote responses
- A compliance package at a discounted rate
- 3 free Aviva Development Zone licences to support learning and essential knowledge
- A financial deal that works for both the broker and Aviva
- Guidance and support services.
Brokers will continue to have access to expert claims, risk management and succession support.
Aviva’s research showed that servicing, claims, online capability and speed are the key things brokers look for when choosing an insurer. Brand, financial strength and added value support also score highly.
Phil Bayles continued: “Compliance can be complicated and time-consuming – and brokers tell us it’s one of their biggest headaches. Our broker community can now take advantage of discounted compliance packages that will free them up to spend more time growing their business.
“We also know how difficult it is for smaller broker businesses to keep up-to-date with market and legislative changes and other essential knowledge. That’s why we are offering access to our Aviva Development Zone, giving brokers a wealth of learning at their fingertips – and one less thing to worry about.”
Andrew Scott said: “Having practised as an insurance broker for more than three decades before selling my business, this role represents a wonderful opportunity to work alongside Aviva in ensuring that independent brokers thrive in the market.
“I established a brand-new broking business in the 1990s and have maintained a strong industry interest ever since, so I can empathise with the challenges faced by brokers today. The enhanced benefits of the Aviva Broker Community are intended to provide real focus and valuable support to independent brokers – something which has been generally missing from the market for some time now.”
For more information about the Aviva Broker Community visit https://broker.aviva.co.uk/
*The Aviva Broker Community research was carried out in August 2018. 175 brokers responded to the survey. Business owners and business placers made up 150 of these responses.
The Aviva Broker Community is available to all brokers with less than £1m gross written premiums with Aviva, including all network brokers.
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc