Aviva plc and General Accident plc are announcing today that the discretionary goodwill payment scheme for eligible preference shareholders is now open for claims.
As announced on 30 April 2018, Aviva is offering a discretionary goodwill payment scheme to shareholders who sold preference shares* in the period from 8 to 22 March 2018 (inclusive) at a share price that was lower than the price that the preference shares returned to following our announcement on 23 March 2018 (“the Scheme”).
The Scheme is intended to put those shareholders in the same financial position they would have been in had they sold their preference shares following the 23 March announcement, rather than the announcement made by Aviva on 8 March 2018.
Aviva has appointed KPMG LLP (“KPMG”) as an independent administrator of the Scheme. The full terms and conditions of the Scheme and instructions for making a claim, together with updated frequently asked questions, are available on the KPMG website at: www.kpmg.co.uk/aviva-scheme.
KPMG is also in the process of contacting all registered holders who have been identified as entering into a sale of preference shares during the period from 8 to 22 March 2018 (inclusive) notifying them of the launch of the Scheme. If the registered holder was not the beneficial owner of the preference shares, and therefore is not the party that is eligible to make the claim in the Scheme, they have been requested to pass on the information regarding the launch of the Scheme to their underlying clients.
If you are eligible and wish to participate in the Scheme, you must complete and submit a claim form to KPMG by no later than 31 January 2019. If you have given authority to your broker for them to submit your claim on your behalf (as part of the broker-facilitated process we commenced on 1 June 2018), then you do not need to submit a claim directly to KPMG and instead should await further correspondence from your broker.
KPMG has established a dedicated helpline to assist any parties with queries in relation to the Scheme on:
UK Freephone: 0808 169 7987
International: +44 (0) 203 805 2559
(Open 0900 – 1700hrs Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays)
All other information remains as set out in our announcement of 30 April 2018. Previous Aviva announcements on preference shares can be found at: https://www.aviva.com/investors/Preference-shares/
*Preference shares issued by Aviva plc and General Accident plc (a member of the Aviva Group)
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 6700
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £331 billion in assets (as at 31 December 2018). Total group assets under management at the Aviva group are £470 billion (as at 31 December 2018).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
Read more corporate news
Aviva’s acquisition of Friends First gets regulatory approval
1 Jun 2018
Aviva to commence £600 million share buy-back
1 May 2018
Announcement of goodwill payment
30 Apr 2018
Aviva completes sale of Italian JV to Banco BPM
29 Mar 2018
Aviva statement on preference shares
23 Mar 2018
Aviva sells its remaining Spanish businesses
23 Feb 2018
Aviva completes sale of Taiwan JV
19 Jan 2018