Aviva plc and General Accident plc are announcing today that the discretionary goodwill payment scheme for eligible preference shareholders is now open for claims.
As announced on 30 April 2018, Aviva is offering a discretionary goodwill payment scheme to shareholders who sold preference shares* in the period from 8 to 22 March 2018 (inclusive) at a share price that was lower than the price that the preference shares returned to following our announcement on 23 March 2018 (“the Scheme”).
The Scheme is intended to put those shareholders in the same financial position they would have been in had they sold their preference shares following the 23 March announcement, rather than the announcement made by Aviva on 8 March 2018.
Aviva has appointed KPMG LLP (“KPMG”) as an independent administrator of the Scheme. The full terms and conditions of the Scheme and instructions for making a claim, together with updated frequently asked questions, are available on the KPMG website at: www.kpmg.co.uk/aviva-scheme.
KPMG is also in the process of contacting all registered holders who have been identified as entering into a sale of preference shares during the period from 8 to 22 March 2018 (inclusive) notifying them of the launch of the Scheme. If the registered holder was not the beneficial owner of the preference shares, and therefore is not the party that is eligible to make the claim in the Scheme, they have been requested to pass on the information regarding the launch of the Scheme to their underlying clients.
If you are eligible and wish to participate in the Scheme, you must complete and submit a claim form to KPMG by no later than 31 January 2019. If you have given authority to your broker for them to submit your claim on your behalf (as part of the broker-facilitated process we commenced on 1 June 2018), then you do not need to submit a claim directly to KPMG and instead should await further correspondence from your broker.
KPMG has established a dedicated helpline to assist any parties with queries in relation to the Scheme on:
UK Freephone: 0808 169 7987
International: +44 (0) 203 805 2559
(Open 0900 – 1700hrs Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays)
All other information remains as set out in our announcement of 30 April 2018. Previous Aviva announcements on preference shares can be found at: https://www.aviva.com/investors/Preference-shares/
*Preference shares issued by Aviva plc and General Accident plc (a member of the Aviva Group)
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 6700
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our International businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.0 billion (HY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
Read more corporate news
Aviva plc 2019 interim results announcement*
8 Aug 2019
Aviva plc 2018 preliminary results announcement
7 Mar 2019
Aviva’s acquisition of Friends First gets regulatory approval
1 Jun 2018
Aviva to commence £600 million share buy-back
1 May 2018
Announcement of goodwill payment
30 Apr 2018
Aviva completes sale of Italian JV to Banco BPM
29 Mar 2018
Aviva statement on preference shares
23 Mar 2018
2017 Preliminary Results Announcement
8 Mar 2018
Aviva sells its remaining Spanish businesses
23 Feb 2018
Aviva completes sale of Taiwan JV
19 Jan 2018