5.5 million votes cast for over 6,500 entries from all over the UK.
Congratulations to all of the Aviva Community Fund winners which we’ve announced today.
The nationwide initiative, now in its third year, launched in September 2015 and called upon passionate residents to submit a project close to their heart to be in with a chance of securing funding ranging from up to £1,000 to £25,000.
Over 6,500 groups entered the funding initiative, each galvanising the support of their local community to vote for their entry in four categories: Health & Wellbeing, Skills for Life, Community Support, and Inclusivity.
5.5 million votes were placed this year and the 828 groups with the highest votes were shortlisted as finalists. Awards in the £1k category were decided on by public votes, with winners in the £5k, £10k and £25k categories selected from the finalists by a judging panel.
Tom Daniell, our Retail Marketing Director said:
“The diversity and number of entrants that applied for the Aviva Community Fund this year has been truly inspiring. All entrants had a compelling story to tell, but many also reveal how community groups desperately need funding to continue the vital work they do in their communities.
“The response from the winners and everyone who supported their campaigns has been incredible to see. It shows that funding, however small, can make a big difference and sustain the work of local groups that touch the lives of so many people.”
View the full list of Aviva Community Fund winners and find winning projects in your area.
Aviva Press Office | John Franklin | 01603 680795 | email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £340 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £475 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/.
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc.
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva.
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
We paid 98% of all claims in 2017
15 Oct 2018
Auto-enrolment switching enquiries jump 80%
12 Oct 2018
Aviva publishes new research for World Mental Health Day
10 Oct 2018
Mark Wilson steps down as Chief Executive Officer of Aviva plc
9 Oct 2018
Aviva becomes Community Partner of St Johnstone FC
8 Oct 2018
Aviva creates new broker community to help smaller, independent brokers thrive
8 Oct 2018
Aviva and Unite offer learning opportunities to thousands of colleagues
1 Oct 2018
World Benchmarking Alliance launches
24 Sep 2018
Poor health prompts retirement
19 Sep 2018
Aviva completes share buyback programme
18 Sep 2018
Uni is great for independence, but it's a parents' lot to worry
12 Sep 2018
Digital life insurer set to disrupt Hong Kong insurance
12 Sep 2018
Aviva offers 'first day of school' leave for working parents
5 Sep 2018
Lifting the lid on the UK's 'healthy' school lunchboxes
29 Aug 2018
New research reveals broker industry is set for a year of growth
21 Aug 2018
Alexa, ask Aviva what's the value of my pension
21 Aug 2018