Investment scams are designed to look like normal investments. Don’t get caught out.
Spot the warning signs. Have you been...
- contacted out of the blue
- offered significantly more than market value for your shares
- promised tempting returns
- promised an investment is safe
- called repeatedly
- told the offer is only available for a limited time?
If so you might have been contacted by fraudsters.
- Keep your Shareholder Reference Number and Investor Centre username and password secure. Just like you would for your bank account details and PIN.
- Never share your personal shareholder details with unexpected callers.
- If you have any concerns about your Aviva shares, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a scam
Here's how to report a scam, and you can find out more at FCA Scam Smart.
Report to the FCA
If you suspect you’ve been approached by fraudsters, tell the FCA. Use their share fraud reporting form or call the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.
FCA reporting form about Report to the FCA