Some of what you can expect from us as an employer.
At Aviva we build high-performing teams by offering game-changing learning and development to all our people.
We help you stay relevant in an ever-changing world through a suite of learning solutions that develop your mind and accelerate your growth.
A lifelong learning mindset is a critical part of our investment in both your development and our collective success.
Some of what you can expect:
- A global digital portal for anytime, anywhere learning. It showcases opportunities for new experiences, and supports professional and personal development.
- Connected colleagues through online learning communities.
- A global graduate and leadership development programme.
- Apprenticeships and short-term placements.
- World-class external development opportunities.
Feedback and coaching is part of our culture. You’ll shape your own experiences by regularly engaging in development conversations with your line manager. It’s ok to ask for all the support and challenge you need - it’s expected.
We’re passionate about using technology and innovation to help you keep your skills relevant in the complex and adaptive world of today. Our focus is on creating the workforce of the future and helping you focus on getting the experiences you need to succeed.
Aviva really invests in training, in development. As an employee you have a whole variety of options to move within the organisation, to do different things.
- Martyna Śliwecka, Aviva Poland employee
Our values in action
Each year we look to all corners of Aviva to find the true values legends. Those people that champion our values every day. We celebrate these colleagues at our Living Legends Awards at our annual CEO Forum where we share their stories, and recognise their contribution by donating £5,000 to a charity of their choice.
Being a leader today is about being responsive to a diverse and changing workforce.
We support our leaders in keeping their skills and experiences fresh to navigate these complex demands. Alongside traditional leadership programmes, we help our leaders develop skills to make sure they stay agile and adaptive for today and tomorrow.
In a world evolving at pace we expect our leaders to support our people and grow our business by:
- getting ahead of and solving new customers’ needs
- building teams that change the game
- freeing their people to do the best work they ever have
- making ‘tomorrow’ happen today.
We give huge support to our leaders, rewarding them for their success in developing their teams.
Aviva is a great place to come to be stretched and supported, in equal measure.
We believe in paying our people appropriately for the job they do and the contribution they make - so we’ll always try to offer you competitive and fair rewards.
The benefits you get vary from country to country. But wherever you are in the world, your wellbeing is crucial. If you feel physically and mentally well, you’ll be happier and perform better.
We’re a brilliant health and protection business. We’ll share this expertise with you as part of your benefits because we care about our people - the people who care about our customers, every day.
We help our people blend the demands of work and home through initiatives like:
- Our maternity policy in Asia and maternity coaching in Aviva Investors.
- Time off for parents when their children start school.
- Dental health and lifestyle management in India.
- Our UK policy for our people who are carers, like Brian:
“My mother went into a care home just before Christmas last year. She’d been struggling at home for about a year and a half before that, but she’d had about four falls over that period. The last time she fell, she ended up in hospital.
"The most important thing for me is that my mum gets well looked after, but it’s time-consuming even though I’m only managing the financial side of things.
"I’m really fortunate that here at Aviva, they’re very flexible and they understand exactly what’s necessary. If I needed time, people have been very understanding, allowing me to have the time to go and do the sort of things I need to do.”
- Brian Fisher, Long-Term Care Marketing Manager.