Aviva plc (“Aviva”) today announces the appointment of Jan-Hendrik Erasmus as Chief Risk Officer, reporting to Maurice Tulloch. Jan-Hendrik will start in February 2020 and will be a member of the Aviva Leadership Team.
Jan-Hendrik joins Aviva from NN Group where he was Chief Risk Officer for over three years. He was also a member of NN Group’s management board.
Jan-Hendrik has a breadth of experience in the financial services industry, working across insurance, risk, technology and investment management in the UK and internationally – in companies including Oliver Wyman and Prudential plc.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer at Aviva, said:
"Jan-Hendrik’s extensive experience will help strengthen Aviva’s risk management framework and risk culture. I’m looking forward to Jan-Hendrik joining the team."
The appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 6700
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £535 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £13.0 billion (FY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva