Aviva plc (“Aviva”) today announces the appointment of Jan-Hendrik Erasmus as Chief Risk Officer, reporting to Maurice Tulloch. Jan-Hendrik will start in February 2020 and will be a member of the Aviva Leadership Team.
Jan-Hendrik joins Aviva from NN Group where he was Chief Risk Officer for over three years. He was also a member of NN Group’s management board.
Jan-Hendrik has a breadth of experience in the financial services industry, working across insurance, risk, technology and investment management in the UK and internationally – in companies including Oliver Wyman and Prudential plc.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer at Aviva, said:
"Jan-Hendrik’s extensive experience will help strengthen Aviva’s risk management framework and risk culture. I’m looking forward to Jan-Hendrik joining the team."
The appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 6700
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business.
- Our aim is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. Last year, we paid c.£33 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019) and our Solvency ratio is 195% (3Q19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.