Aviva plc (“Aviva”) today announces the appointment of Jan-Hendrik Erasmus as Chief Risk Officer, reporting to Maurice Tulloch. Jan-Hendrik will start in February 2020 and will be a member of the Aviva Leadership Team.
Jan-Hendrik joins Aviva from NN Group where he was Chief Risk Officer for over three years. He was also a member of NN Group’s management board.
Jan-Hendrik has a breadth of experience in the financial services industry, working across insurance, risk, technology and investment management in the UK and internationally – in companies including Oliver Wyman and Prudential plc.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer at Aviva, said:
"Jan-Hendrik’s extensive experience will help strengthen Aviva’s risk management framework and risk culture. I’m looking forward to Jan-Hendrik joining the team."
The appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 6700
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our International businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.0 billion (HY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.