Aviva plc to redeem £209,895,000 6.875 per cent. Step Up Tier I Insurance Capital Securities (ISIN: XS0181161380 , Common Code: 0181161380).
Aviva plc (the “Issuer”) announces that notification has been given to the holders of the £209,895,000 6.875 per cent. Step Up Tier I Insurance Capital Securities (the “Notes’’) and that it shall redeem the Notes in full on 21 November 2019 (i.e. the First Call Date) at their principal amount together with accrued interest to (but excluding) 21 November 2019.
In addition, the Issuer will apply to the Financial Conduct Authority, in its capacity as United Kingdom Listing Authority, to cancel the listing of the Notes on the Official List of the United Kingdom Listing Authority.
Capitalised terms not otherwise defined herein have the meanings given to them in the Terms and Conditions of the Notes.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.