Aviva plc ("Aviva" or the "Company") announces the following changes to the composition of its Board and Committees.
Belen Romana Garcia and Patricia Cross will retire from the Board following the conclusion of the Company’s AGM on 9 May 2022, having served eight and seven years respectively.
Andrea Blance has been appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from 21 February 2022.
Andrea is currently a Non-Executive Director of Hargreaves Lansdown plc and Senior Independent Director of Provident Financial plc. Andrea was previously a Non-Executive Director of Scottish Widows, Lloyds Banking Group Insurance and ReAssure Group plc. Andrea has also held a number of senior roles during her executive career including as Strategy and Marketing Director and as Chief Risk Officer of Legal & General Group plc.
Andrea will become a member of the Audit Committee, Nomination and Governance Committee, Risk Committee and Remuneration Committee.
George Culmer, Chair, said:
“I would like to thank both Patricia and Belen for their contribution to Aviva and to the Board. They have both, in particular, been enormously helpful in the setting and delivery of Aviva’s new strategy and in providing wise and helpful counsel, for which I am hugely grateful. We wish them well.”
“We are delighted to welcome Andrea to the Board as an Independent Non-Executive Director. Andrea is an experienced business leader and Board member who brings extensive experience of the financial services industry and a detailed understanding of customers, risk and regulation.”
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
Rupert Taylor Rea
+44 (0)7385 494 440
+44 (0)7800 691 138
- In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R(1) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Andrea Blance.
- At the date of this announcement, Andrea Blance has no beneficial interest in ordinary shares of Aviva.
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- At 31 December 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £401 billion. Our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £8.8 billion as at 31 March 2022. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva