We’re proud to share that four of our people have been named in the 2020 OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists.
Danny Harmer, our Chief People Officer, Jason Windsor, our Chief Financial Officer, Angela Darlington, CEO Aviva UK Life, and Josi Reinhardt, customer service representative, have all been recognised.
Angela was named in the OUTstanding 100 LGBT+ Executives List.
“It’s a tremendous honour to have been included on the Outstanding LGBT+ Role Model List in each of its eight years. The positivity I have received at being an out gay woman CEO has been fantastic and over the last decade the increasing energy, belief and enthusiasm I’ve seen across our LGBT+ community in business has been incredible. But there are still real challenges for our community and in these difficult times the role model list is an important showcase of the extraordinary LGBT+ talent succeeding in businesses globally.” Angela Darlington, CEO UK Life, Aviva
Danny and Jason have both been named in the OUTstanding 50 Ally Executives List.
“I’m thrilled to be named as an OUTstanding Ally Executive. Active allies play a huge role in inclusion at work, and in society, and I see the responsibility as a privilege.
I am really passionate about us further strengthening Aviva as a place where LGBT+ colleagues can reach their potential and be awesome.” Danny Harmer, Chief People Officer, Aviva
“I am a strong believer that our employees can only perform ‘at their best’ when they feel properly included and bring their full selves to work.
A diverse workforce reflects our customer base and brings a better mix of thought, and in turn stronger results. I see my role as an Executive LGBT+ ally as one which helps colleagues feel warmly included at work, and champions the need for others to act as allies, to LGBT+ and other minority groups.” Jason Windsor, Chief Financial Officer, Aviva
Josi has made the OUTstanding 100 LGBT+ Future Leaders’ List.
“Coming out as queer was one thing, but accepting myself as queer and embracing it as an opportunity to be the person I wanted to be was another.
I want to be the mentor to younger members of the LGBT+ community that I needed when I was their age. I want to use what makes me different to make a difference. I am very grateful to be on the OUTstanding Future Leaders’ List, which gives me an amazing opportunity to share my story and to amplify voices of our community that are often not heard, especially trans and nonbinary people.” Josi Reinhardt
About INvolve and OUTstanding
The OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists supported by Yahoo Finance are a powerful reflection of the incredible achievements of LGBT+ people in the business community. Lists are published annually and showcase 100 LGBT+ Executives, 100 LGBT+ Future Leaders and 50 Ally Executives.
OUTstanding is part of INvolve, the consultancy and global network championing diversity and inclusion in business. Through the delivery of events, programmes, thought leadership and advisory services, INvolve helps firms drive cultural change and create inclusive workplaces where any individual can succeed.
INvolve also publishes Empower and HERoes role model lists annually, recognising and celebrating business leaders and future leaders who are breaking down barriers at work and inspiring the next generation of diverse talent.
Read more about the OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Models Lists
Read more about Diversity and Inclusion at Aviva
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the most demanding target of any major insurance company in the world. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our international businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £535 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £13.0 billion (FY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.