A change to the Chair of the Board also announced
Two new trustees – including a new Chair of Trustees – have been appointed to the board of the Aviva Master Trust.
Elizabeth Renshaw-Ames has been named as the new Chair. She was the former Trustee CEO of the HSBC UK pension scheme and is the current Chair of the Management Board of Barnett Waddingham LLP. She was previously a Senior Partner at Mercer, where her last role was UK Head of Client Management. Elizabeth is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Colin Richardson from PTL, who has been Chair of the Aviva Master Trust since its inception six years ago, will remain as a Trustee of the Aviva Master Trust.
In order to further strengthen the Aviva Master Trust, Tilly Ross will also be joining the Trustee Board. Tilly was a Non-Executive Director (NED) of the Pensions Regulator until the end of April 2020. She is Independent Chair of Electricity Pensions Ltd and has also previously been NED of The Pensions Advisory Service as well as Global Head of Pensions at National Grid PLC. Tilly is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries.
Both Elizabeth and Tilly were appointed following an extensive recruitment process utilising the executive search firm, Hoffmann Reed.
Colin Williams, Managing Director, Workplace Savings & Retirement at Aviva, said:
“I am delighted to announce that Elizabeth will be leading the Trustee Board for the Aviva Master Trust. I’m looking forward to working closely with her in further developing and enhancing the Master Trust.
“Tilly also brings a wealth of experience and skills and will be a great addition to the Trustee Board.
“Colin Richardson has played a key role in growing and establishing the Aviva Master Trust as a leading Master Trust in the UK, and I am pleased that he will remain on the Board and work with Elizabeth, Tilly and the other Trustees.”
Elizabeth Renshaw-Ames said:
“Core to my career in pensions for over 20 years is my passionate belief that excellent governance delivers positive outcomes for members and value for all stakeholders.
“In an evolving marketplace for Master Trusts, and at this uniquely challenging time for employers and their workforce, I am delighted to work with my fellow Trustees and colleagues at Aviva to lead the further enhancement of the Master Trust.”
Tilly Ross said:
“I’m very much looking forward to working with the other Trustees and Aviva at an important time in the development of Master Trusts.”
For more information about the Aviva Master Trust please visit the website.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.