Aviva plc (‘Aviva’ or 'the Company') announces that Sir Adrian Montague has informed the Board of his intention to retire as Chairman of the Company in 2020 once a successor has been appointed.
Sir Adrian was appointed Chairman of Aviva in April 2015, having joined as a Non-Executive Director in January 2013. The Board has initiated a process for the appointment of a successor.
Sir Adrian Montague, Chairman, said:
“When I became Chairman in 2015 the Board asked me to commit to serve for at least five years. Now that Maurice has launched Aviva’s strategy, a new senior management team is in place and the Board has been refreshed, it is also time for a new Chairman. In the meantime I remain committed to this great organisation which I am confident will deliver for all its customers, employees and shareholders”.
George Culmer, Senior Independent Director, said:
“On behalf of the Board, I would like to express our deep thanks to Adrian for his service, leadership and guidance over the past seven years. Adrian has chaired Aviva through a period of considerable change and departs with our very best wishes for the strong legacy he leaves”.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- The announcement is made pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.11.
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business.
- Our aim is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. Last year, we paid c.£33 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019) and our Solvency ratio is 195% (3Q19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.