Aviva plc has announced the appointment of Erica Arnold to the new role of Chief Operating Officer, reporting to Maurice Tulloch.
Erica will join Aviva in early 2020 and will be a member of the Aviva Leadership Team, responsible for improving how Aviva operates, customer strategy and all aspects of IT across the group. The appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
Erica joins from Zurich Insurance where she is currently Chief Group Enterprise Services Officer. Prior to joining Zurich, Erica was at AIG for over six years in a number of senior roles.
After six years at Aviva, Nick Amin will move on from his role as Group Chief Operations and IT Officer to support the strategic review work in Asia.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Two key themes are critical to Aviva’s success: focusing on the fundamentals of insurance and delivering a great customer experience. This role will help us deliver on both. Erica is an inspirational leader who throughout her impressive career has demonstrated a focus on cost, simplification and above all on delivering the best possible experience for customers.
“I want to thank Nick Amin for all that he has done in his current role, not just in transforming our IT strategy but also being instrumental in the turnaround of our business and in the integration of Friends Life into the UK business four years ago.”
Erica Arnold said:
“I am honoured to join Aviva at such a key moment in its development. Aviva has such undoubted potential and I am looking forward to working with Maurice and the rest of the team to deliver a better experience for our customers and a stronger performance for shareholders.”
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £346 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2019). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2018 we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Subscribe to our news alerts by email.
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.