...to help brokers on their sustainability journey.
- New, free digital tool from Aviva helps brokers upskill on sustainability and discover the impact their business has on the environment and wider society1
- Previous research from Aviva’s Broker Barometer revealed 31% of brokers have developed a sustainability plan but have not taken any steps to implement it2
- Sustainable Business Coach helps brokers understand their challenges in more detail, providing them with actionable sustainability advice and guidance
Aviva has today launched Sustainable Business Coach, a new, free-to-use digital tool designed to help brokers discover the impact their business has on the environment and wider society.
The tool aims to support brokers in building a more resilient business, helping them become more efficient - resulting in potential cost savings – while measuring their improvement over time.
Our purpose is to be with brokers today for a better tomorrow.
Developed by Aviva in partnership with non-profit organisation, Future-Fit, and digital coaching business, Life Moments, the tool has been designed to help brokers develop their sustainability capabilities. As part of this, it will provide them with a personalised report on how they can improve their sustainability goals and strategy.
Created with brokers, for brokers, the Sustainable Business Coach will also help them to set sustainability goals and benchmark their progress towards Net Zero, as well as providing the opportunity to increase their knowledge and understanding with free learning modules.
When using the Coach, brokers are asked to fill out a series of questions – taking roughly 20-30 minutes to complete - to identify which of the ‘23 Break-Even goals’ are most relevant for their business to tackle. The question set will identify what each business does, its potential impact on the environment and which measures are already in place.
When completed, the digital coach will generate a score out of 100%, reflecting the progress made so far against the high-priority goals, as well as a list of actions that will guide them on their Net Zero journey. Brokers are able to update their progress as and when they have achieved one of their goals, enabling them to track and benchmark their efforts.
The Sustainable Business Coach launches against a backdrop where many brokers are keen to do more to support ESG initiatives, with previous Aviva research finding that the majority (97%) want to make their business and that of their client’s businesses more sustainable.
Ryan Birbeck, Broker Development Director at Aviva, comments: “Our purpose is to be with brokers today for a better tomorrow. Helping our partners become more sustainable, across all aspects of ESG, and getting climate-ready, is an integral part of how we run our business.
“With our previous research showing that the majority of brokers want support to make their businesses more sustainable, our new Coach offers clear, actionable advice and guidance, while also providing them with the ability to benchmark their progress. Not only does this help brokers create a long-term plan, it ensures that they remain relevant to clients whose needs are constantly evolving in this space.”
1 The Sustainable Business Coach is built using the Future Fit Business Benchmark, a framework based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals. It is created using systems science to define what it takes for a business to be truly responsible and regenerative: providing a clear destination to aim for, and a way to steer towards it.
2 Data is taken from a survey of 224 professional brokers of all job levels across the UK, conducted by Censuswide Research in December 2022, on behalf of Aviva.
Notes to editors:
- We are one of the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement businesses and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in India and China.
- We help our 18.7 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for more than 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2022, we paid £23.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our ambition to become Net Zero by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition and action at www.aviva.com/sustainability
- While we are working towards our sustainability ambitions, we acknowledge that we have relationships with businesses and existing assets that may be associated with significant emissions. More information can be found at https://www.aviva.com/sustainability/climate/
- Aviva is a Living Wage, Living Pensions and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 30 June 2023, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £358 billion and our estimated Solvency II shareholder capital surplus was £7.8 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva