Appointment of Shonaid Jemmett-Page as Non-Executive Director of Aviva plc.
Aviva plc (“Aviva” or the “Company”) announces the appointment of Shonaid Jemmett-Page as an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from 16 December 2021.
Shonaid is currently Chair of Greencoat UK Wind and Cordiant Digital Infrastructure Limited, Senior Independent Director of ClearBank and a Non-Executive Director of QinetiQ Group and Caledonia Investments. Shonaid was previously Chair of MS Amlin and has held a number of senior roles during her executive career including Chief Operating Officer of CDC Group, Global SVP Finance and Information at Unilever and a partner at KPMG.
Shonaid will become a member of the Nomination and Governance Committee.
George Culmer, Chair, said:
“Shonaid is an experienced director and we are delighted to welcome her to the Board. Her business leadership and broad experience including the financial services, sustainability and digital sectors make her a valuable addition to the Aviva Board.”
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
Rupert Taylor Rea
+44 (0)7385 494 440
+44 (0)7800 691 138
- In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R (1) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Shonaid Jemmett-Page.
- At the date of this announcement, Shonaid Jemmett-Page has no beneficial interest in ordinary shares of Aviva
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- At 31 December 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £401 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £13.1 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva