Aviva announces today that Adam Winslow is appointed as CEO, UK & Ireland General Insurance, with immediate effect*.
Adam was most recently CEO of Aviva’s international businesses responsible for overseeing Aviva’s successful strategic divestment programme. In his new role, he will continue to report to Aviva Group CEO Amanda Blanc and be a member of Aviva’s Group Executive Committee. Adam replaces Colm Holmes who is leaving Aviva for an external opportunity.
Adam has over 20 years’ experience in the general and life insurance industry, including roles at AIG and Allianz. Adam brings senior management experience in personal and commercial lines, across operations and broker relationships. Earlier in his career, Adam was Director of Partnerships and Director of Retail at Aviva, responsible for running some of Aviva’s most significant general insurance partnerships.
Commenting on the appointment, Amanda Blanc, Group Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Aviva is a market leader in General Insurance in the UK & Ireland, with significant ambitions for growth as we transform the performance of our core businesses following the reshaping of the Group.
“Adam’s talent and capability have been amply demonstrated in his leadership of our successful programme of eight divestments over the past eight months. Having now concluded the strategic refocusing of our portfolio, I am delighted to appoint him to this pivotal role, and his next challenge in Aviva.”
Adam Winslow, CEO, UK & Ireland General Insurance, said:
“The General Insurance business in the UK and Ireland is an area of huge strength for Aviva, but also a business with exciting growth potential that I want to help realise. I’m looking forward to getting after that growth, working closely with our important broker partners, and supporting the delivery of our strategy.”
*subject to regulatory approval
Adam joined Aviva in January 2021, bringing two decades of experience in international life and general insurance. He was most recently responsible for Aviva’s general insurance and life insurance businesses in continental Europe and Asia. Adam brings senior management experience in personal and commercial lines, across operations, P&L and broker relationships, including leading UK commercial lines distribution at AIG . Earlier in his career, Adam was Director of Partnerships and Director of Retail at Aviva, responsible for running some of Aviva’s most significant general insurance partnerships.
Outside Aviva, Adam was previously Chief Executive Officer, Global Life Insurance at AIG. Earlier in his career, Adam worked in Cape Town, South Africa overseeing a large business process outsourcing contact centre. He began his career in Paris with Allianz Asset Management.
+44 (0)7800 691714
+44 (0)7800 692675
+44 (0)7385 382 206
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As at 30 June 2022, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £353 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £10.3 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva