Aviva is giving large corporate health insurance customers swift, convenient access to more than 1,000 GPs, through a new collaboration with digital health company, Now Healthcare Group (NHG).
NHG has become Aviva Health’s strategic provider of digital GP services, offering customers access to NHS qualified GPs via an Aviva branded mobile app, Aviva Digital GP. The app allows customers to book video consultations with a GP, receive remote diagnoses and obtain advice on simpler medical queries directly from a GP via a live chat facility. The app will be rolled out more widely to Aviva customers over time.
Further features of Aviva Digital GP include:
- A choice of whether consultations are with a male or female GP, and customers also have the option of booking consultations with the same doctor each time they use the service.
- A choice of 12 languages, so customers can select their preferred language.
- Customers have access to GPs’ credentials (such as special areas of interest) to help choose a doctor to suit their needs.
- Access to a UK-wide pharmacy network offering a next-day prescription delivery service (or 2-4 hours in central London).
- Medicines delivered directly to customers’ homes, offices or their local pharmacy.
- Repeat prescription top-ups ordered via a GP.
- A broad suite of at-home testing and monitoring kits.
Aviva is excited about appointing Now Healthcare Group as our new strategic provider of digital health services. At Aviva we’re keen to provide our customers with digital solutions to help make their lives easier and give greater control of their health. We are confident that this new relationship will provide Aviva with opportunities to enhance, evolve and change the way we look after the health of our customers.
Lee Dentith, CEO & Founder of NHG, said:
“Now Healthcare Group is delighted to be working with Aviva to deliver our innovative healthcare services to its vast client and customer base. This relationship, following our exemplary Care Quality Commission report, further cements our status as our industry’s leading provider, and we’re very excited to be working with one of the UK’s largest insurers to bring convenient and accessible healthcare to more and more people.”
Media Enquiries - Aviva Press Office:
NHG Press Office:
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
About Now Healthcare Group:
Now Healthcare Group was founded in 2015 and its aim is to reduce the ever-increasing pressure and strain on health services by providing more convenient and accessible healthcare to people around the world.
We believe we have created the world’s first end-to-end GP solution to diagnose, treat and fulfil medicine delivery. Our software app solutions are configured to be international and white-labelled for our clients.
Now Healthcare Group is Europe's largest Mhealth/Telehealth company combining state of the art technology with the experience and knowledge of seasoned medical professionals. DR Now, NowGP, NowPatient and NowPharmacy connect users worldwide with professionally qualified doctors and pharmacists through written or video-based remote consultation - giving users the diagnosis and prescriptions they need, when they need it. Now Healthcare Group has been a supplier to the NHS for over two years
By combining state-of-the-art technology with the experience and knowledge of experienced medical professionals, we provide an efficient service which can offer those feeling unwell a rapid remote diagnosis or a pre-planned appointment to fit in with their busy daily lives, meaning a doctor’s appointment no longer has to be an inconvenience.
The cross-platform app means that patients can discuss their symptoms with professional doctors from the comfort of their own home or on the go. Our national distribution hub for nationwide prescription deliveries guarantees overnight delivery of medicines to the patient’s door. Those in Central London will be able to receive their prescriptions within two hours of being diagnosed.
More from our Newsroom
Aviva appoints Maurice Tulloch as Chief Executive Officer
4 Mar 2019
The over-50s are driving employment figures to record highs
20 Feb 2019
A mortgage-free retirement may become a thing of the past
19 Feb 2019
Five reasons businesses may switch auto-enrolment provider
19 Feb 2019
Brokers’ concerns grow around Brexit and economic climate
12 Feb 2019
One million UK savers embrace their freedoms
28 Jan 2019
Over-50s UK workers outnumber populations of Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland
23 Jan 2019
Britain’s 1.3 million stressed “sandwich generation”
17 Jan 2019
Aviva launches new midmarket approach
14 Jan 2019
Minimum auto-enrolment contributions will rise to 8%
8 Jan 2019
Riskmas time – don’t let your Christmas go up in smoke
21 Dec 2018
New subscription-style insurance gives greater choice and flexibility
5 Dec 2018
Delia Smith bakes rainbow cake to support LGBT inclusivity in sport...
30 Nov 2018
The retirement dream may not be the retirement reality
28 Nov 2018
Aviva to acquire majority shareholding in Neos Ventures
21 Nov 2018
Equal parental leave shows men are eager to share childcare
20 Nov 2018