Aviva, the UK’s leading insurer, today announces the appointment of Andrea Montague as Chief Risk Officer* and John Cummings as Chief Information Officer*. Andrea and John will join Aviva’s Executive Committee and both will report to Amanda Blanc, Group Chief Executive Officer.
Andrea Montague joined Aviva in April 2020 as Group Chief Financial Controller and has previously worked at Royal London and Standard Life in senior finance and audit leadership roles, including Deputy Group Finance Director and Chief Internal Auditor.
John is already Aviva’s Group Chief Information Officer and was previously CIO for Aviva’s UK General Insurance business. John’s career in technology has included roles at Vodafone and BT. His appointment to Aviva’s Executive Committee reflects the critical importance of technology and digital to Aviva’s transformation.
Amanda Blanc, Group Chief Executive Officer, said: “The promotions of Andrea and John are richly deserved and reflect the depth of talent within Aviva. The appointments will further strengthen our Executive team as we continue to focus on the critical task of transforming our performance.”
*Subject to regulatory approval
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
Rupert Taylor Rea
+44 (0)7385 494 440
+44 (0)7800 691 138
Notes to editors:
- We are the UK’s leading Insurance, Wealth & Retirement business and we operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers make the most out of life, plan for the future, and have the confidence that if things go wrong we’ll be there to put it right.
- We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2021, we paid £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- At 31 December 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £401 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £13.1 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva